|Date Posted||May 20, 2021|
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 160 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand our reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day to day accounting for each location while adhering to policies and procedures, performing requisite month end close activities, and providing issue resolution and guidance. The Accounting Supervisor works as a business partner with each location (subsidiary) manager and administrative staff, guiding them through their monthly results and advising them on solutions related to operational variances.
The successful candidate will assist the Director of Accounting in fulfilling the following:
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Supervise, direct and develop the Staff Accountants
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, reviewing a trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information to ensure reasonable accuracy of the balance sheet, profit and loss and other statements.
- Completes external audit assignments by analyzing general ledger accounts and providing that information and/or schedule to the auditors.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Communicates with assigned location personnel regarding financial results and serves as a financial partner to assist in achieving financial targets.
- Assist with the completion of state and federal compliance requests, including business, establishment and sales tax licenses, along with other licenses required for the subsidiaries to operate in the industry. Coordinates with third party compliance service provider to monitor and manage the filing deadlines.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Supervisory experience required
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in financial accounting
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, proficient organizational skills, and high level of integrity, ingenuity and initiative. The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines is critical for this position
- Excel proficiency is required
- Must be able to work in a team, recognize problems and offer potential solutions
- PeopleSoft knowledge preferred
Team Member Benefits Include:
- Entry-level and experienced professionals; students and veterans – we offer complete career paths regardless of your career and life stage
- Unique ShareLife® technology lets you create one-of-a-kind life celebrations for the families you serve
- Attractive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k with company match
- Company-paid life insurance, long-term disability, and short-term disability