|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Support the accurate completion of month-end and quarter-end close processes within mandated timelines
- Partner with Project Managers and Client Executives to understand project deliverables and determine revenue recognition for new contracts
- Partner with Revenue and Billing team to ensure accurate project setup and to develop efficient solutions for unique/complex billing and revenue requirements
- Validate and reconcile data received from multiple sources (i.e. Salesforce, Open Air, Peoplesoft General Ledger, Peoplesoft ERP, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Review the work of others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree with concentration in Accounting
- 5+ years of Accounting experience including month-end close, preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Solid time management
- Be organized and nimble enough to work multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Technical accounting experience
- Experience with Peoplesoft Financials, Hyperion SmartView and Blackline
- Public accounting experience
- Healthcare experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accountant, Accounting, Healthcare, Peoplesoft, Hyperion SmartView, Blackline, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from Home, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota