|Published||September 18, 2022|
|Location||STORRS MANFLD, CT|
The University of Connecticut is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill a full-time position as a PeopleSoft Developer in the Information Technology Services division. This individual will primarily provide support for the Student Administration (SA) support team. You will be joining a team of experienced IT professionals managing the Oracle application and providing technical services to the University community.
The successful candidate will provide analysis, design, development, implementation, troubleshooting, and production support for the delivered Student Administration system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide development support in the Student Administration (SA) System. This work includes development, troubleshooting, testing, and writing technical specifications.
- Performs research, review, testing, and evaluation of new modules and/or enhancements.
- Works with University staff and management to obtain information to help develop an understanding of the specific needs of the user as it relates to the SA enterprise systems (Peoplesoft) and development and support activities and the impact on the department and their user community.
- Works with other ITS and technical staff to ensure consistency and usability of various solutions.
- Provides customization, maintenance, and operations support.
- Assists in the development of plans and processes that ensure minimal risk to services or systems due to errors.
- Prepares comprehensive reports and recommendations.
- Participates effectively as a member of the Peoplesoft Implementation Team, as well as in meetings with vendors, administration, customers, and staff.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of frequently changing technologies. Responsible for adapting quickly to changing technologies and customer requirements.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Organize, prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and manages time effectively
- Work flexible hours for production moves every 2 weeks during maintenance window 5:30 am – 7:30 am and occasional weekends
Additional Job Duties Software Developer 2
- Provides complex problem-solving and analytical skills to assist team members as well as users.
- Leads technical projects and develops project/task plans. Responsible for making independent decisions and judgments on technical issues.
- Supports, advises, and trains ITS Enterprise Applications staff in a technical resource capacity in efforts to solve the most difficult technical problems.
- Associate's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field and four years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Knowledge of programming and design.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize workloads, handle difficult problems and work well under pressure.
Additional Minimum Qualifications for Software Developer 2
- Associate's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field and six years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Experience with programming and design.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience in Object-Oriented programming.
- Experience working with Oracle Database environment.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience with LINUX.
- Knowledge of SQL.
Additional Preferred Qualifications for Software Developer 2
- Experience with Peoplesoft Application Designer (PeopleTools), SQR, SQL, and PeopleCode.
- Experience in Integration Broker (IB): component Interfaces, web services, and other IB tools.
- Experience with Data Mover Scripts.
- Experience with Fluid page development.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Cobol.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Application Packages.
- Experience with XML Publisher.
- Experience writing and executing advanced SQL statements.
This is a full-time, 12-month, on-site, permanent position located on the main campus in Storrs, CT. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. The hiring range for this position is $61,302 - $99,966 and will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496759 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on September 16, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
- provided by Dice