|Date Posted||August 31, 2021|
Job title: Senior Peoplesoft Technical Consultant
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 12 Months
Senior Technical resource with knowledge of PeopleSoft Payroll, Commitment Accounting and Position Management to support the modernization efforts of the District's Financial and Budget Systems.
This position shall be utilized to support the overall modernization efforts of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer's (OCFO) Finance and Budgets Systems. The incumbent shall demonstrate knowledge of both technical development and business process design.
The following are the job responsibilities:
1. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems in implementation of OCFO's new Financial and Budgets Systems, as per industry standards.
2. Provide subject matter expertise in PeopleSoft Payroll, Commitment Accounting and Position Management.
3. Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
4. Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
5. Experience with integrating ERP systems, including Oracle Cloud, Oracle EBS or PeopleSoft FSCM is highly desired.
6. Understands Budgeting and Position Management in a State and Local government environment.
7. Prior experience with the development of data extraction, translation and load programs is required.
8. Experience with U.S. Federal installation of PeopleSoft is highly desired.
Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
2. Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products. This is a professional position which may require subject matter expertise consistent with demanding and rare technological skills.
3. May require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the application development team.
4. Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing and project design.
5. Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
6. Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
7. May coordinate activities of application developers.
8. Able to identify best practices and standards for the use of the product.
9. Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
10. Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
11. Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
12. Delivers support and design for industry specific applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
13. Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
14. Advanced experience in the required technical subject matter.
15. May function as a niche technical SME (Subject Matter Expert).
16. Has proven experience across large and complex implementations and systems.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.