|Published||March 8, 2023|
AC Transit is actively recruiting for a Senior PeopleSoft Engineer (HCM). Under general supervision, this position acts as technical lead, and retains responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the District's PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System. This position consults with Information Services staff, hosting service providers, all levels of management, and PeopleSoft users throughout the District.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for the largest bus agency in California, make a difference in our local community and promote AC Transit as a great employer of the East Bay. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit also has an outstanding benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and 457 savings plan.
* Manages the functions and procedures involved in the implementation and maintenance of PeopleSoft HCM modules.
* Leads the production support effort in tracking, developing, testing and implementing the short-term & long-term solutions to PeopleSoft issues.
* Leads software project planning efforts and strategy sessions, and continuallyprioritizes issues and solutions to optimize system performance. Sets PeopleSoft development andsupport priorities, schedule, and work assignments.
* Develops requirements and specifications for new and modified features.
* Consults with end users and facilitates planning, application, and functional designsessions with representatives of the various District departments to reach consensus onsystem needs and requirements.
* Analyzes requirements and findings to develop end-to-end solutions; and applies businessprocess re-engineering with use of new systems or enhancements to existing applications.
* Collaborates with information systems staff and the various user departments to test, train,and gain user acceptance of all PeopleSoft modules across departments and functions asadopted by the District.
* Identifies data issues and collaborates with functional teams to mitigate risks by proposingdata rationalization and clean up strategies.
* Participates in defining, fine-tuning, and implementing development processes.Supervises assigned staff, and may provide supervision to other staff on an ad-hoc orproject basis.
* Collaborates with Information Services staff, PeopleSoft end-users, and hosting servicesto address and resolve issues, and implement recommendations.
* Monitors and enforces use of both internal and hosting services' change management processes for PeopleSoft applications.
* Manages relationship with the District's PeopleSoft hosting service provider. Participates in regular management and oversight meetings.
* Performs related duties, as required.
Education/Certification: Equivalent to either a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field; OR at least five (5) years in a Senior PeopleSoft Engineer capacity.
Experience:Ten (10) years of recent and verifiable PeopleSoft implementation and support experience. This must include experience with PeopleTools 8.5x or above,
PeopleCode, Application Engine, Portal, Security Administration, Application Designer , Workflow, Component Interface , Integration Broker, BI Publisher, Application messaging, nVision, PS Query, Crystal Report and SQL with application version 9 or above, including responsibility for the development/modifications/interfaces.
Desired: (1) Knowledge of Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.2(HRMS); (2)Peoplesoft Time & Labor expertise (3) experience with HCM integration to Financials, and (4) demonstrated experience with project management and leadership in the above mentioned areas.
* Time and Labor expertise required for development/customization.
* Atleast 3 years of experience in both creating and updating PS Time and Labor rules(version 9.0 and above) based on functional requirements.
* Atleast 5 years of experience in supporting PS NA Payroll (version 9.0 and above)module.
* Experience gathering and analyzing user requirements, performing fit/gap analysis, and developing prototypes. Proven analytical, problem,-solving and debugging skills.
* Functional and technical understanding of key processes in Peoplesoft Payroll/HR/Benefits.
License Requirement: (1) Must possess or obtain, and maintain a valid Class C California Driver License, and meet the District's driving standards.
Special Requirement: Must be willing to: (1) work outside regular business hours as required by implementation of special projects, and emergencies; and (2) travel between the various District facilities as required.
Physical Requirements: Must maintain the physical condition necessary to: (1) perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; (2) possess physical mobility in order to travel to other locations within the AC Transit District.
THIS POSITION IS A UNION POSITION, REPRESENTED BY AFSCME