|Published||September 22, 2022|
Washington, DC (901 E)
Principal Associate, PeopleSoft Security Administrator and Functional Analyst (hybrid)
Overview of Information Technology
Pew's Information Technology department (IT) takes a proactive approach toward using technology to increase the organization's capacity for exceptionally high-quality strategic philanthropy. Executive staff at the Trusts recognize the importance of technology and support related initiatives to advance the institution's goals and achieve and maintain a leadership position in the philanthropic community. As a result, IT is in a mode of continuous improvement, applying leading-edge technology to the pursuit of the goals of the institution. The department comprises highly competent, forward-thinking professionals who are responsible for the technology needs of all Pew staff, as well as for Pew's subsidiaries in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. IT is organized into distinct areas of responsibility, including application operations, infrastructure operations (including desktop support and technical training), project delivery and solution design.
Principal Associate, PeopleSoft Security Administrator/Functional Analyst will monitor and maintain Peoplesoft application security, ensures Pew's PeopleSoft application is secure, identifies potential security risks, recommend, and implement remediations. You will troubleshoot user access and other functional security issues. Additionally, you will gather requirements from stakeholders, design, develop, test, configure and document new feature requests. This is both a strategic and hands-on configuration role that will require close collaboration with colleagues across IT and Finance. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Financial systems and will be based in Pew's Washington, DC office, and is eligible for up to 60% telework.
- Maintain Security of Pew's PeopleSoft Financial application v9.2.32 hosted enterprise edition. Identify security gaps, resolve functional issues, and provide support to end users.
- Serve as the point of contact for troubleshooting application security access and will analyze and resolve security issues and lock user accounts. Develop and perform routine PeopleSoft system security audits on a scheduled basis and mitigate any risks identified.
- Lead the ongoing transformation of Pew's PeopleSoft Enterprise edition v9.2 security from manual to semi-manual with consideration to streamlining all levels of security. Design and develop roles, permission lists, row level and other object security as needed for all functional areas within each environment (Prod, Dev, Test) that align with best practices for operational effectiveness and flexibility.
- Challenge existing configuration and processes: what should we do differently? Where should we adapt to meet emerging technologies and industry trends? How should we structure our application to best serve our customers?
- Participate in design reviews, provide constructive feedback, and update the Peoplesoft Security configuration to reduce risk to Pew. Develop and maintain system security configuration documentation including a detailed functional design document. Track and document the process of Pew Internal Control for auditing PeopleSoft Financial security. Document business process of financial users.
- Coordinate work across diverse teams globally, including consultants that support PeopleSoft functions. Gather end user requirements, design, configure, test, and document new features and requests.
- Recommending application solutions that will enhance performance, reduce redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing structure. Administration, testing and enhancement of Pew's technology disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience with a minimum of three years with PeopleSoft Financials v8.9 or higher.
- Prior experience working as a Peoplesoft Functional analyst with proficiency in configuration, and experience designing and maintaining PeopleSoft Financial security with a complex structure.
- Preferred knowledge of Peoplesoft Financial Contract (CA), Purchasing (PO), Accounts Payable (AP), Asset Management (AM), Grants (GM), General Ledger (GL), Expenses (EX) or Accounts Receivable (AR) modules.
- Demonstrated experience to turn business problems into technical solutions. Develops and proposes solutions in a clear, concise, well-organized manner, and communicates technical concepts to non-technical and with individuals whose first language may not be English.
This position does not require travel.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance. The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- provided by Dice