|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
Principal Application Specialist
The Principal Application Specialist is responsible for the support of business requirement analysis and definition for identified applications supporting PeopleSoft Human Resources (HCM). Responsibilities will include interpreting campus business requirements and translating these requirements into both functional and technical specifications for the implementation and related application creation, modification or enhancement. In addition, the Principal Application Specialist assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of such systems including user and vendor relations. The Principal Application Specialist participates extensively (via committee membership or individual interviewing) in the needs assessment and system requirement process of applications development and is responsible for the assurance of quality control and risk management procedures during the life cycle application development process. At the project task level, the specialist participates in the development of functional specifications, proactively acts upon work assignments as required, delivers projects on agreed upon time schedule within allocated resources, ensures the accuracy of application systems documentation, and assists in providing end user training and support of developed applications.
Primary support for the PeopleSoft Human Resource enterprise system:
- Payroll/Tax Regulations
- Integration between modules
- Managing the CSR (Change Service Request) queue in the STAT system (Ticketing system)
- Closely collaborate with developers and technical teammates
- Conducts or coordinates user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing; makes changes and corrections as needed
- Prepares program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications.
- Participates in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems and provide training and support.
- Project Management as required
- Business case development working with campus leads
- Active driver of process improvements both internally and with customers
- Participate in:
- Daily operations
- Staff development & training
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with emphasis in information systems.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a business office or general HR systems setting with demonstrated progressive experience in developing, enhancing and supporting departmental applications.
- 7-10 years of PeopleSoft experience is required with deep functional skills in one or more modules. Experience with application processes, e.g. PeopleTools, XML, SQL/query, reports, Security.
- 7-10 years’ experience in project life cycle phases is required; analysis and design, testing, data conversion, change management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work well with people at many levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills to achieve results
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a large complex environment.
- Exceptional skills in providing quality customer service to multiple organizations within the enterprise
- Experience with application processes like XML, SQL/Query, reports.
- Knowledge of the PeopleSoft Finance modules is a plus
- Higher Education HCM Administration systems experience
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Knowledge of payroll module including applying tax updates
- Ensure system remains current and compliant through patches, fixes and enhancements.
- Works on new and evolving technologies for the HR Application.
- Experience as a team leader or mentor is highly desirable.
- Responsible for payroll operations
- Managing Calendar Year End and Tax Processing
Typical Office Environment. Occasional, non-standard scheduled work hours, such as evenings or weekends may be required. Required to be On-call approx. once every 10 weeks. Occasional day trips to the campuses.
Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000. Final salary offer commensurate with experience.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.