|Published||September 11, 2022|
IT Analyst II
The PeopleSoft HRMS Analyst servers as a point of contact for business customers in conjunction with business relationship managers to provide day to day support for the University's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and related systems. The successful applicant possesses application and functional expertise in the content, processes, and procedures for the business unit(s) and the business processes associated with ERP. Under supervision, the position operates as the subject matter experts, possessing application and functional expertise of the content, processes, and procedures for the business unit (s) and the business processes they support.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
* Administers the functional side of the core HR functions within PeopleSoft HCM and provide system support and analysis to end users to ensure operational standards are met
* Works with Business Relationship managers and business area to build business cases for enhancements to existing HRMS applications. Participates in cross-functional team meetings to develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations. Analyzes workflow, process improvement, and business practices to streamline business operations.
* Documents requirement specifications for enhancements, projects, new business processes, procedures, and setups
* Provides application support in a 24/7 environment for all custom, ERP applications, and related integrated processing and products in a production environment as assigned.
* Responds to service management requests, investigates problems, and determines and documents business solutions for complex system problems in an effective, timely manner. Proposes interim work-around and possible software enhancements. Liaises with other application and systems areas to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues. Leads/Participates in project implementations as assigned. Manages custom integrations with hosted applications as well as on-premises applications
* Conducts feasibility and impact analysis of enhancements, upgrades and other system changes for functional area and evaluates systems and business processes.
* Defines and creates test plans, test scripts and test procedures based on Quality Assurance requirements, policies, procedures, and best practices. Coordinates testing and data integrity. Documents and analyzes test results recommending program improvements or corrections to the application development and quality assurance teams.
* Maintains configuration setting and functional area documentation for HRMS applications and modules. In-depth experience in commitment accounting, Benefits, Payroll and TL. Prepares appropriate procedures and documentation to hand off support to super users, system administrators, operations or help desk group.
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of eight departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Applications, Development, & Integrations, Data Platform & Analytics, Information Security Office, Customer Experience & Resource Planning, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF's mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/.
Learn more about UFIT at it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation's top-5 universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida's most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what's happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
UF Information Technology is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce and values diversity of thoughts, background, and experience. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people with different backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching, learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution. We welcome applications from individuals who would bring additional dimensions to the university's vision and mission.
$70,000 - $80,000; commensurate based on education and experience.
In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. benefits.hr.ufl.edu/
Associate's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and skills:
* PeopleSoft HR
* PeopleSoft Benefit Administration
* PeopleSoft North American Payroll
* PeopleSoft Time and Labor
* PeopleSoft Commitment Accounting
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are required to submit with their application:
* Cover Letter
* Resume or CV
* Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required: No