|November 30, 2023
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana's communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don't just talk about diversity and inclusion - Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to complete the application and interview process, as well as perform the essential functions of a role.
Next Level benefits at the State of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package offerings below.
About IOT Government Management Information Systems (GMIS):
GMIS is housed in the Indiana Office of Technology and provides statewide technical and application support for more than 180 state operating agencies with 130 distinct financial business units. GMIS supports Enterprise applications including Oracle Hyperion and PeopleSoft HCM modules; Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, Absence Management, and Portal.
This position traditionally starts at an annual salary of $70,122. Salary for this position may be commensurate with education and job experience.
The PeopleSoft HCM Functional Senior supports a complex PeopleSoft ERP Human Capital Management system. You will be the senior support for the HCM modules that serve over 35,000 state employees for Time and Labor, Payroll, Benefits, HR, and Absence Management.
You must have a thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM modules and an understanding of state policies and business processes. These include time and labor, employee data, absence management, benefits, and payroll.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Provide Lifecycle support of PeopleSoft HCM module (Time and Labor, Core HR, Benefits, Learning Management, payroll, and Absent Management)
- Interact with Management and Business Owners in understanding and resolving system/application-related problems using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Test customized application changes and coordinate State Agency testing acceptance for all upgrades and customizations.
- Manage projects related to PeopleSoft HCM as required
- Assess impacts and best practices regarding issues and enhancement requests
- Work with technical GMIS Analyst to provide business analysis of system changes needed to conform to State requirements
- Confirm proper configuration for the PeopleSoft HCM application
- Guide functional team in completing upgrade and implementation steps
- Help identify and document additional functional requirements
- Drives issue resolution from a functional perspective
- Provide post-implementation end-user support as necessary
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What You'll Need for Success:
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- Preferred technical skills: PeopleTools, SQR, Application Engine, Integration Broker, PS Query, vFire, Microsoft Office tool
- Experience in HC 92 Modules, Time and Labor, Payroll, Benefits, Absence Management, HR Data
- Developing functional requirements for requested enhancements and system or process changes
- Creating test plans and writing/executing scripts related to user-requested system enhancements and projects, ensuring coordination with varied stakeholders
- Coordinate user acceptance testing and work directly with end-user SMEs to manage tasks associated with testing
- Actively engage end-users through all phases of the project life cycle, ensuring customer satisfaction through timely communication and consistent completion of deliverables within critical timelines
- Conduct business process re-engineering to identify opportunities for improvement, and make appropriate recommendations
- Support customer management to establish processes and define & track SLA's
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to management and functional support staff.
- Plan, organize, integrate, and manage a broad range of complex data and systems management, upgrade, administration, and maintenance activities.
- Establish and maintain project and production schedules and balance responsibilities for multiple activities to ensure timely, high-quality results.
- Identify information and technology management issues and opportunities, analyze complex problems and alternatives, and develop sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Perform PeopleSoft database and systems troubleshooting and tuning to resolve complex data and systems management, communication, and interoperating problems.
- Assess customer needs, set priorities, and allocate resources to meet needs most effectively in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement appropriate procedures and controls.
- Understand and apply functional requirements to the development of systems proposals, specifications, and recommendations for cost-effective information systems and technology solutions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to diverse audiences of technical and non-technical personnel, both orally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role may serve as a team lead for an assigned work group.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as vision and dental plans
- Wellness Rewards Program: Complete wellness activities to earn gift card rewards
- Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state contribution
- Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed outside state facilities
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave time off
- 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Group life insurance
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Free Parking for most positions
- Free LinkedIn Learning access
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruit, select, develop, and promote employees based on individual ability and job performance. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of employer-employee relations without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. We will comply with the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable state and federal laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, you can request assistance by contacting the Indiana State Personnel Department at [email protected].
The State of Indiana has established a culture that welcomes equity, inclusion, and opportunity for all employees and applicants. We encourage you to apply if you feel you have the transferrable skills to be successful in this position and we look forward to reviewing your application.
Current Employee? Click here to apply.