PeopleSoft FIN Functional Support Lead(IT Project Manager 2)
|Published||March 25, 2023|
PeopleSoft FIN Functional Support Lead (IT Project Manager 2)
If you are looking for an interesting and exciting opportunity in Peoplesoft technologies and providing a unique support in the state government enterprise, the Office of Budget and Management (OBM) is the place for you!
The Office of Budget and Management (OBM) welcomes applications for its Peoplesoft FIN Functional Support Lead (IT Project Manager 2) position. For this dynamic opportunity, we seek a highly motivated individual who has experience or considerable Peoplesoft experience and skills.
What You'll Do:
The ideal candidate will be well versed in Peoplesoft technologies (People tools, PeopleCode, SQL, Application Designer, Application Messaging, reporting tools & configuration prioritizes test plans & migration/release management schedules) and the ability to lead projects for modifications and enhancements to our OAKS system.
- Provides functional support to the PeopleSoft Financials Functional team with strong Accounts Payable (AP) skills.
- Provides technical guidance to business owners, including all areas related to the modification, enhancement & management of assigned module in our proprietary system: Ohio Administrative Knowledge System (OAKS) Financials (e.g., PeopleSoft's General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Travel and Expense (T&E), Accounts Receivable (AR), Purchasing (PO), Budget & Planning (BPM) & Asset Management (AM)
- Responsible for all phases of project management for the Office of Budget & Management for the Requirements and Configuration Management team (RACM) as it related to the Accounts Payable (AP) module
- Leads and direct teams or workstreams to contribute to the overall project success
- Contributes to the development and cultivation of business and vendor relationships of varying audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Creates new solutions to customize application for improved system processes
- Performs root cause analysis for help desk cases related to system problems or transactional issues. Writes SQL update statements to resolve issues and performs tests.
What's in it for you:
The State of Ohio takes care of the team that cares for Ohioans!
We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. The benefits package available to State of Ohio employees has an estimated value of almost 30% of total compensation. For a list of all the State of Ohio Benefits, visit our Total Rewards website !
Our benefits package includes:
Quality, affordable, and competitive medical benefits through the available Ohio Med plans.
Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
Dental, vision, and basic life insurance premiums are free after completed eligibility period.
Length of eligibility period is dependent on union representation.
Time Away from Work and Work/Life Balance
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal, and sick leave.
- 11 paid holidays per year.
- Childbirth/Adoption leave.
Employee Development Funds
The State of Ohio offers a variety of educational and professional development funding that varies based on the position.
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
OPERS is the retirement system for State of Ohio employees. The employee contributes 10% of their salary towards their retirement. The employer contributes an amount equal to 14% of the employee's salary.
Visit the OPERS website for more information.
The Ohio Deferred Compensation program is a 457(b) voluntary retirement savings plan.
Visit the Ohio Deferred Compensation website for more information.
The mission of the Ohio Office of Budget and Management (OBM) is to provide policy analysis, fiscal research, and financial management services to the Governor and state agencies, helping to ensure the proper and responsible use of state resources.
To learn more about us, check out our OBM website !
Subject to OBM's teleworking policy and an approved teleworking agreement, this position is eligible to work from a remote location on a hybrid basis. The selected applicant may be required to complete initial trainings prior to being eligible to telework. All requests to telework are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by OBM's Director of Human Resources and management, subject to the conditions outlined in the agency policy and teleworking agreement.
Successful completion of 2 yrs. post-secondary education majoring in business administration, public administration, computer science/information technology, social science, or health, with major being commensurate with project to be assigned; 12 mos. exp. in budgeting & calculating cost projections of program/projects; 12 mos. exp. in project management (i.e., management & development of project/program requirements, design, development, testing/pilot, training & full scale implementation).
-Or 4 yrs. exp. in project management (i.e., management & development of project/program requirements, design, development, testing/pilot, training & full scale implementation), with experience to be commensurate with project/program &/or position description on file (e.g., specific human service program area, management information sciences, fiscal); 12 mos. exp. in budgeting & calculating cost projections of program/projects.
-Or 12 mos. exp. as Project Manager 1, 63381 or IT Project Manager 1, 63384.
-Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.