|Published||January 14, 2023|
The PeopleSoft System Administrator will help manage PeopleSoft environments including SDK installation, upgrades, patches, replication, changeassistant,data refreshes, performance tuning, and monitoring of Database, Web and Application servers. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and stabilization of PeopleSoft HCM and FSCM in a 9.2 environment..
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform the installation, upgrade and maintenance of PeopleSoft applications, databases, middleware and servers which includes installing new software releases and system upgrades, evaluating and installing patches and conducting code migrations, refreshes and configurations
* Functions as part of the team to architect, test, implement and enhance PeopleSoft systems and applications to meet dynamic business needs. Performs complex configuration, change management and testing activities to support a service-oriented architecture and integration between various applications
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical problems with PeopleSoft systems to include application, database and server problems
* Manages the integrity of security design and engineering for PeopleSoft applications and systems, including the implementation of Disaster Recovery and high availability. Administers PeopleSoft systems security measures to protect data, software and hardware
* Determines future growth requirements of the applications in areas such as configuration, sizing, server counts, batch processing throughput, thread count set up; works with other information technology professionals to address application capacity needs
* Ensures the performance and reliability of PeopleSoft systems by monitoring these systems for high availability, load balancing and satisfactory response time and working with other information technology professionals to resolve performance issues
* Monitors application and server performance, provides recommendations for enhancements/changes to packaged software applications
* Using in house developed or third party tools and processes, assist in management of code deployments
* Provides programming/scripting assistance to support PeopleSoft system automation; debugs and tunes/optimizes SQL statements
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email
This position is subject to a criminal history check.
Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.
* High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent from an accredited educational institution
* Five (5) years' experience working in Oracle database environment
* Five (5) years' experience in PeopleSoft HR, Procurement and / or Financials applications
* Five (5) years application administration experience
* Experience using the following:
* PeopleSoft v9.2
* Performing PeopleSoft DPK installations and People Code v8.5 or higher
* PeopleSoft security configuration and management
* Configuration and usage of PeopleSoft integration/interface tools (Integration Broker, Component Interface, App Engine, web services, etc.)
* PeopleSoft Change Management practices (PUM, Change Assistant, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities (KSAs):
* Unix shell scripting
* Strong verbal and written skills
* Relational database design
* Effort estimation
* Strong documentation skills
* Ability to work independently and within a team
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation butONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume"will not be accepted for qualifications.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field
* Mentoring junior employees
* Strong Leadership and Communication Skills
* Experience installing and managing other tools such as Phire, Elastic Search, UPK, nVision, etc.
* 1310 Prairie Houston, TX 77002
Work Hours / Shift:
* Day Shift M-F
* Depends on Qualifications
* Based on 26 Pay Periods
Employment may be contingent on passing a drug screen and meeting other standards.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the