|Published||January 6, 2023|
View the complete description on our Jobs page: www.sbctc.edu/about/jobs/
Apply at https://www.sbctc.edu/about/jobs/
This recruitment has been reopened to expand the candidate pool.
The Application Services department within SBCTCs Information Technology Division is responsible for the delivery of enterprise applications and related support services for Washington State's community and technical colleges along with the State Board office.
The PeopleSoft Developer and Support Engineer will perform technical support functions for the college systems ERP solution, ctcLink, which includes Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Human Capital Management, and Financials suites. This position will serve as a technical subject matter expert within one or more of the suites and will require the ability to understand complex technical issues, research for answers, and provide coding and/or data driven technical solutions. Position requires strong written, planning, and oral communication skills.
NOTE: This position is eligible for telecommuting 100% of time and reports to the Application Support Manager.
SBCTC Mission and Vision Statement
Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities. We support and empower the Washington State Community and Technical Colleges to increase higher education opportunities and student participation through advocacy, resources, information, leadership and accountability. Our values are focused on customer service, integrity, humor/exuberance, expertise, and effective communication.
Recruitment and screening of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled. However, to ensure full consideration, return completed materials by 5 p.m. on the closing date. Note: Agency hiring authorities reserve the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.
- Provide expert-level technical application support for Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Human Capital Management, and/or Financials application. Work directly with functional analysts, security analysts and end users to provide root cause analysis of issues related to data integrity, delivered Oracle code, customizations and integrations with third-party systems. Identify and troubleshoot coding and/or data issues by utilizing application and server log files, PeopleTools software and components and SQL Developer software. Test and implement bug fixes. Provide additional support to the other PeopleSoft applications as needed.
- Consult with functional analysts, support analysts and stakeholders to understand client business needs and requirements. Prepare technical and functional specifications. Design and develop customized applications and third-party integrations based on business requirements utilizing Application Designer, PeopleCode, Component Interfaces, Application Packages, XML Publisher, Integration Broker, SQR, Crystal Reports, Web Services, Approval Workflow Engine, PS Query, SQL Developer and Excel to CI interfaces.
- Perform functional unit testing for bug fix activities, new application development and integrations with internal and external third-party systems. Provide technical support to quality assurance team, functional analysts and end users during system integration testing and user acceptance testing, including issue resolution.
- Assist in the deployment of application upgrades, patches, configurations and critical updates. Review release notes from Oracle, analyze PeopleSoft Update Manager compare reports to determine impacts to customizations and third-party integrations and create retrofit projects to integrate Oracle releases into customizations and third-party integrations.
- Collaborate with hosting provider for managed services (network, security and hosting) and application management services (PeopleSoft application, databases and third party systems) to resolve incidents related to system performance, connectivity, code migrations, data integrity issues, application updates and critical patches.
- Adhere to established development and accessibility standards and follow approved software development life cycle processes.
- Provide technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching business and technical staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or Information Systems OR equivalent combination of related experience and/or education.
- Five or more years of work experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Human Capital Management, and/or Financials systems 9.0 or above. Up to three years of experience may be substituted with work in other ERP systems.
- Experience with Oracle PeopleCode, PeopleTools, Approval Workflows, Application Engine, Application Package, Component Interface, and Integration Broker.
- Experience with Oracle SQL.
- Experience with technical development to meet WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed rsum of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Apply at https://www.sbctc.edu/about/jobs/
More than Just a Paycheck!
Employee benefits are not just about the kind of services you get, they are also about how much you may have to pay out of pocket. Washington State offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation.
We understand that your life revolves around more than just your career and that your priority is making sure that you and your family will maintain health and financial security. That's why choice is a key component of our benefits package. We have a selection of health and retirement plans, paid leave, staff training and other compensation benefits that you can mix and match to meet your current and future needs.
Read about our benefits:
The following information describes typical benefits available for full-time employees who are expected to work more than six months. Actual benefits may vary by appointment type or be prorated for other than full-time work. Check with the agency human resource office for specific benefit information.
Employees and families are covered by medical (including vision), dental and basic life insurance. There are multiple medical plans with affordable monthly premiums that offer coverage throughout the state. Staff are eligible to enroll each year in a medical flexible spending account which enables them to use tax-deferred dollars toward their health care expenses. Employees are also covered by basic life and long term disability insurance, with the option to purchase additional coverage amounts. To view premium rates, coverage choice in your area and how to enroll, please visit the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) website.
Retirement and Deferred Compensation
State Employees are members of the Washington Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS). New employees have the option of two employer contributed retirement programs. For additional information, check out the Department of Retirement Systems' web site.
Employees also have the ability to participate in the Deferred Compensation Program (DCP). This is a supplemental retirement savings program (similar to an IRA) that allows you control over the amount of pre-tax salary dollars you defer as well as the flexibility to choose between multiple investment options.
Vacation (Annual Leave)
You begin accruing vacation starting your first month of employment. Since we value your loyalty, the amount of vacation you can accrue increases the longer you work with us. Washington State supports members of the armed forces with 21 days paid military leave per year. Vacation accrues for full-time employees per WAC 357-31-165.
Full-time employees are entitled to twelve* paid holidays:
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday
Third Monday in January
Third Monday in February
Last Monday in May
First Monday in September
Fourth Thursday in November & Friday after
Employee's selection each calendar year
*Employees who are members of certain Unions are entitled to an additional personal leave day of their choice. Please refer to specific Collective Bargaining Agreements for more information.
All state employees are covered by the federal Social Security and Medicare systems. The state and the employee pay an equal amount into the system.
Full-time employees earn eight hours of sick leave per month. Paid sick leave may be used for reasons included in WAC 357-31-130.
Please visit the State HR Website for more detailed information.