|Published||September 8, 2023|
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Sr. Director or designee, the PeopleSoft Developer functions in all phases of applications development. This position is responsible for the analysis of user needs, software and database design, programming, and life cycle development of all business and clinical applications. The PeopleSoft Developer will work with other engineers in the design and development of software applications that support the demands of UMMS academic, research and business needs. They may also manage the evaluation and research of 3rd party software and conduct feasibility studies to determine appropriate solutions. They will communicate well with the user through all phases of development and support. Performs duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software environment and serves a complex medical/education community. This position requires an experienced developer that is in touch with new trends and is very familiar with rapid development. The position requires individuals to be dedicated, detail oriented, organized, independent, responsible, and accountable.
- Design, develop, and implement, software solutions.
- Work independently within guidelines, provide hands-on technical solutions to business challenges & translate them into process/technical solutions
- Enhance and make recommendations to Agile/ITIL/SDLC methodology.
- Work directly with the user and/or vendors to articulate and document user application needs.
- Interpret requirements, performs complex analysis and present recommendations to obtain desired results.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of proper technical and user documentation for each system in a consistent and structured manner.
- Ensure quality control through unit testing and debugging software for accuracy, completeness, and system integrity.
- Interact effectively (verbally, written, etc.) with users, vendors, and management to ensure delivery and use of application is consistent with agreed upon project goals.
- Continue development of skills and expertise in present and emerging technologies by participating in formal training when possible and by independent self-teaching and tutorials.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, dynamic priorities
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in PeopleSoft products like HR, Finance, CRM, Campus Solutions etc.
- Demonstrated experience in the following tools
- Designer Tools – Fluid Development, Application Designer, Peoplecode, Application Packages
- Data Management Tools - Application Engine, Data Mover, ExceltoCI
- Reporting Tools – Pivot grids, XML Publisher, PS Query, SQR
- Integration Tools – Component Interface, Integration Broker
- Application and Tool Version – 9.2 and 8.58+
- Appraised of newer features like Homepages, Activity guides, Tiles etc.
- Knowledge of Web Services, Rest API’s, PeopleSoft Security, STAT, Oracle Database
- Understanding of PeopleSoft Internet Architecture
- Experience converting functional requirements into technical requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required