|Location||New Orleans, LA|
|Date Posted||September 16, 2021|
Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a PeopleSoft Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos is looking for a PeopleSoft Developer to join our team, provide technical development and PeopleSoft expertise in support of large IT projects for our utility customer. The PeopleSoft Developer will analyze, develop, deploy and implement new solutions using the latest PeopleSoft technologies to achieve program goals and business results. Successful candidates will have significant development or architectural experience creating and maintaining applications through all stages of the software release life cycle and will make recommendations for developing and integrating new requirements and capability enhancements. The ability to perform configuration, coding, testing, and implementation tasks while meeting deadlines must be demonstrated. This candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with teams and effectively interact with Project Manager, Lead Technical Analysts, Technical developers and Business team.
Location: New Orleans, LA - Little Rock, AR or The Woodlands, TX area preferred, however may consider other locations.
- Provides research, analysis and recommendations when new functional business processes or software upgrades are needed and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of business strategy and operations.
- Involved in all aspects from customizing deployments, cutovers, defect remediation and post implementation production support
- Work with Functional teams to help make decisions on best technical practices for application design
- Writes technical specifications, configures, customizes, builds and tests PeopleSoft configuration and customizations.
- Integrates PeopleSoft application software over data management systems and supporting components and services.
- Troubleshoots operational and systems issues ranging from difficult to highly complex, including problems with multiple solutions and potential significant consequences.
- Ensures performance optimization
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of development experience with PeopleSoft Technology. High school diploma with additional years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Software development using several of the following PeopleTools 8.5 (or greater)
- PeopleCode, Application Designer, Application Engine, Integration Broker, Component Interface, Fluid Pages, SQL scripts, Data Mover, Data Migration Workbench, PeopleCode event triggers, application packages, SQR
- Experience with a number of PeopleSoft HCM modules: Benefits, HR, Compensation, User Experience and Interaction Hub, Time and Labor, Absence Management
- Strong SQL knowledge; able to write and read complex SQL
- Experience with enterprise-wide PeopleSoft environments involving multiple component interfaces
- Excellent communication skills for customer interaction a must
- Working knowledge of agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Strong ability to set and meet functional team deadlines while maintaining an even disposition under pressure
- Public sector Experience with a Utility or Energy Based company
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management methodologies/processes
- Configuring integration broker
- Creating test cases
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: