|Published||September 10, 2023|
Department: OIT General
Location: Wellesley Hills
MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical workforce demands of communities, and to contribute to the region's economic development.
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our community.
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and Ashland, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusiveeducational community, and have a desire and ability to work with a diversepopulation.
Massachusetts Bay CommunityCollege is seeking an experienced PeopleSoft Applications Developer to supportour current PeopleSoft applications. The Developer will be responsible formaintaining and implementing PeopleSoft functionality though the use ofPeopletools applications components. The candidat will have experience in developmentusing PeopleCode, Branding, App packages, AWE, App Engine, SQR, ComponentInterfaces, Integration Broker, BI Publishing and Fluid, Portal Registry, andSecurity Administration.
The position requires day-to-daydirect operational support, troubleshooting, and innovative problem-solving forour campus enterprise systems.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop data processing routines using SQR and Application Engine tools;
- Write queries for staff using Query Manager while maintaining user security access;
- Build custom and/or modify pages using Application Designer;
- Create and maintain data mover scripts between non-prod and production environments;
- Work with third-party application vendors on integrations;
- Provide technical support for PUM and tools upgrades;
- Work with DBA and PSADMIN to troubleshoot application issues and performance;
- Work with PeopleSoft functional staff and office managers to design and implement solutions for PeopleSoft and other administrative applications;
- Work closely with Functional Business Analysts to troubleshoot and discuss problem resolution.
- Support MassBay's commitment to the Equity Agenda; collaborating with faculty, staff, and students on the College's strategic initiatives dedicated to closing the equity gap related to student outcomes;
- Support MassBay's commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a community free of bias and inequality;
- Contribute to discussion and review of applicable College policies with a critical lens toward diversity, equity and inclusion.
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Minimum 4 years' experience with Peopletools application components;
- Experience maintaining PeopleSoft Role Based security;
- Must possess excellent knowledge of PS Query and PeopleSoft Tables;
- Experience writing SQL queries using PeopleSoft Query Manager;
- Experience with SQL Server Management studio or similar 2 tier database server management tool;
- Experience with App Designer, Component Interface, Web services, Forms and workflow;
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Access (preferred);
- Experience troubleshooting application error logs;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft systems architecture;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate with peers and partners;
- Minimum 2 years working in Higher Education institution.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
- Experience working in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students;
- Higher Education experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions modules Admissions, Records, Campus Community, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Advising;
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials modules AP, Purchasing and GL;
- Experience with Integration Broker setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting;
- Two Tier database support of MSSQL Server;
- Working knowledge of the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture;
- Experience using COBOL and SQL Developer.
Salary Range: $85,000.00 - 95,000.00 Annual Salary
As a Massachusetts State Employee, youare offered an outstanding suite of benefits adding value to your salary.
- Array ofchoices for health insurance plans to meet individual/ family needs
- AffordableDental Insurance and vision discount program
- 12 paidState/ Federal holidays
- Generoussick, vacation, and personal time
- Teleworkoption depending on the role/department
- FlexibleSpending Plans to reduce your taxable income
- Low-costbasic and optional life insurance
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan, providing a fixed, pre-established benefit for employees at retirement
- Thinking tosave more money towards retirement: consider Deferred Compensation plansi.e., 457(b) or 403(b).
- Tuition Benefitsfor employees and dependents at state colleges and universities
- FreeEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Eligibilitytowards Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Free gym andparking on campus
Need more info: www.massbay.edu/employment/benefits
Position Type: Non Unit Professional
Application Deadline: June 17, 2023, or thereafter until filled.
To Apply: Please include a letter of interest and resume with your online application.
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence.Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.