|Published||September 6, 2023|
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK|
Title- PeopleSoft Applications Developer
Team- IT Enterprise Applications
University of Oklahoma seeks an entry-level Developer to join our team. The Developer will be responsible for providing technical support of the PeopleSoft ERP (Financial, HR, and/or Student) system used by the University of Oklahoma team. The candidate will build, modify, and/or support applications, will troubleshoot system issues and be responsible for system enhancements. Prior experience using the PeopleSoft propriety development tools is not required. On-the-job training will be provided. The qualifications to start this career includes some background in SQL and Coding experience.
A PeopleSoft applications developer is responsible for creating, modifying, and maintaining application-level Field, Page, Component, and Menu Objects. Work with Application engine programs, components, and interfaces within the PeopleSoft software suite. This software is used to perform everyday business operations such as HR, Financials, and Campus Solutions Student System Functions. As a PeopleSoft developer, you also use your skills to code programs with Structured Query Language (SQL) to extract data from the PeopleSoft database into usable reports. Your job duties often require you to work with the Business Intelligence (BI) and Integration Broker components of the software.
- Develops new software applications and updates and modifies existing applications as required by the customer
- Processes user needs to customize software for computer programs, designs prototype applications, implements and tests source code, and troubleshoots software applications
- Designs prototypes according to customer specifications
- Develops software solutions to meet customer needs
- Creates and implements the source code of new applications
- Tests source code and debugs code
- Evaluates existing applications and performs updates and modifications
- Develops technical handbooks to represent the design and code of new applications
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position
** The position will be located on the OUHSC or Norman campus with a flexible hybrid and/or remote option possible for experienced candidates. **
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles
- Knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Ability to program in at least one programming language
- Ability to analytically think and have problem solving skills
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
Advertised Physical Requirements :
- Physical: Ability to engage in repetitive motions. Sit for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity.
- Environmental: Standard office work environment.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.