|Published||May 14, 2023|
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
We have been awarded a brand new 7 year contract supporting the development of a Human Capital Management solution for a Government Agency in the Intelligence community. The new solution is a large-scale integration phased over multiple years which will consolidate and eliminate over 100 legacy systems. We are seeking a PeopleSoft Administrator who will be will integral to the integration, development, and deployment of a cloud-based Personnel Management solution using Agile development processes.
**What You'll Get to Do:**
The PeopleSoft Administrator will provide system/PeopleSoft application administration support all program environments.
The PeopleSoft Administrator will work with other PeopleSoft Administrators to design and deliver Development, Test, and Production Environments.
**Duties and Responsibilities:**
- Provides PeopleSoft and third party application installation and upgrade support using the current Government approved process.
- Provides infrastructure support services for production sustainment and on-going development efforts.
- Coordinates systems management tasks with data centers in conjunction with established data center SLAs (if any).
- Manages infrastructure, COOP/Disaster Recovery, performance and capacity, application administration.
- Researches, studies and evaluates software tools, hardware, integration technologies, services, and leading edge technologies that could be applied to the WISE infrastructure.
- Performs analytics to identify and highlight technology infrastructure risks, issues & dependencies.
- Ensures compliance with DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework Regulations.
- Works closely with the CM Lead and assists the Deployment and Software Sustainment teams in planning releases and delivering applicable documentation.
- Ensures the architecture and associated infrastructure on which applications are deployed are robust and stable.
- Performs daily system maintenance and monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of hardware and server resources; review of system and application logs; and verification of completion for key processes and scheduled jobs, such as batch processes and backups.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced systems administrators and supporting team members
**You'll Bring These Qualifications:**
+ - Extensive experience with PeopleTools versions 8.59 supporting PeopleSoft 9.2 versions (prefer HCM and ELM)- Extensive experience updating and upgrading both PeopleSoft and PeopleTools- Extensive experience installing and utilizing PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM)- Extensive experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PeopleTools (Application Server, Web Server, Integration Broker, Process Scheduler)- Experience with implementing Single sign-on between PeopleSoft applications- Experience monitoring PeopleTools and optimizing performance- Experience in Tier 3 level support related to application and security issues- Experience designing and supporting implementation of
+ - Bachelor's degree and 10 - 12 years of IT experience in a large systems software development, implementation, deployment and support capacity; preferably in Government systems environments as well as AWS.- 5+ years of experience in administration of PeopleSoft application software environments including Oracle WebLogic, PeopleSoft HCM, Oracle, MS SQL Server, and servers running Windows or Solaris OS.- 3+ years of experience in a PeopleSoft production support capacity for HCM release 9.0 and PeopleTools 8.54.x or higher- 5+ years of experience with PeopleSoft Integration Broker, Upgrade Assistant and/or Change Assistant- Experience with PeopleSoft PUM for application of patches and bundles, Change Packages creation and maintenance, administration experience using Change assistant and using the PUM (for v9.2) is required.- Excellent oral and written communication skills.- Experience working in a team environment.- Able to work in a 24/7 support environment- Strong troubleshooting, tuning, installation and configuration & technical support skills- Current xxx clearance required- Security+ certification
+ **Current and active TS/SCI with Poly Clearance**
**These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:**
+ - Experience working with Interaction Hub, HCM, ELM, and CRM desired.- Working knowledge of Oracle 12c in UNIX/LINUX and Windows environments preferred.- Experience implementing DoD system hardening (STIGs)
**What We Can Offer You:**
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.