|May 13, 2023
Vision: Seattle is a thriving and equitable community powered by dependable transportation.
Mission:To deliver a transportation system that provides safe and affordable access to places and opportunities.
The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is a nationally recognized municipal transportation agency at the leading edge of multi-modal transportation. In our quickly growing city, accessibility, safety, affordability, and reliability - are top of mind for us every day! Our core values drive our work toward creating an equitable, sustainable, and vibrant city for all. SDOT's core responsibilities include maintenance and operations of the city's transportation right-of-way, the expansion of the city's bicycle and pedestrian network, care of over 240 bridges, permitting use of public spaces and enhancing access to the regional transit system. With approximately 1,100 dedicated staff, SDOT maintains an operational presence 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in all weather conditions to serve and ensure Seattle's public mobility.
SDOT has an exciting out-of-class opportunity for a PeopleSoft & Reporting Advisor (Strategic Advisor 2) on the accounting team within the Finance and Administration Division (FAD). This key team member has primary responsibility for department-wide PeopleSoft management, including financial reporting, data management, and security access. The Strategic Advisor provides significant leadership and input on PeopleSoft issues to internal and external stakeholders, particularly for general ledger, project cost, and asset management.Come help keep Seattle moving!
NOTE: This is a 6-month out-of-class opportunity, with a potential extension for up to 12 months.
* Manages the asset management accounting process to obtain accurate general ledger reporting. Reviews and edits system entries, develops and updates processes, coordinates with Project Managers for infrastructure capitalization, and manages small & attractive asset tracking.
* Coordinateswith SDOT divisions for biannual asset inventory.
* Providesongoing development and maintenance of department-widegeneralledger account monitoring procedures and queries for mitigation, reimbursable billings, receivables, deferred revenue, and other balance sheet items.
* Providestraining, supervision, and approval of cost transfer journal entries forprojectcostaccounting.
* Identifiesprocess improvement opportunities, developsand documentsprocedures, and providesassociated training.
* TroubleshootsPeopleSoft data issues and developsproblem-solving queries.
* As SDOT PeopleSoft Security Administrator, ensuresproper access is available for SDOT employees.
* ManagesSDOT's PCI Compliance program.
* ProvidesSDOT management, Citywide Accounting, and auditors with analysis and data explanations.
* Supports department goals in promoting diversity and social justice in keeping with the City's Race and Social Justice Initiative.
* Bachelor's Degree in business or public administration, finance, accounting, or related field.
* Three (3) years of experience with financial and/or asset reporting experience in public sector environments.
OR:An equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the position duties.
Though not requirements, strong candidates will have some of the following experience or are able to describe comparable experience:
* Extensive experience with the City's PeopleSoft 9.2 system, including working with large volumes of data, troubleshooting problems, and report and query writing.
* Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and governmental accounting standards.
* Demonstrated ability to identify process improvement opportunities and provide guidance to team members to implement and maintain them.
* Experience providing a high level of customer service and developing effective working relationships.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills for working with management and colleagues in our and other SDOT divisions and other City departments.
* Aptitude for understanding and maximizing the use of technology, with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office,
* Ability to focus on detailed data accuracy and summarize data in user-friendly formats.
Work Environment / PhysicalDemands:
* Work is typically performed in a hybrid work environment in which a minimum of 2 days of the work is completed in a City office, and 3 days of the work is completed remotely in a regular 40-hour work week.
Your application will not be reviewed if these items are missing or incomplete.
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
* Completed NEOGOV online application.
* Supplemental questionnaire responses
* Cover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications.
* Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education.
Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including a potential background check.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The full salary range for this position is $47.85 - $71.80per hour.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents. More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: www.seattle.gov/human-resources/benefits/employees-and-covered-family-members/most-employees-plans.