|January 29, 2023
You could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members by using technology to improve health outcomes around the world. As a diversified, national organization, Centene's technology professionals have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: Responsible for the entire implementation process and drive definition of business needs. You will be working on PeopleSoft Application support including upgrades, enhancements, solution design, and integrations with other systems.
• Responsible for the entire implementation process and drive definition of business needs
• Lead cross functional teams through the entire implementation process
• Responsible for overall solution design including building and testing
• Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
• Identify, define and implement needed enhancements in the methods, standards and processes to better enable teams and constructive enterprise applications
• Responsible for drive solutions for the finance systems project portfolio.
• Work directly with PeopleSoft admins and developers to design, develop and maintain solutions.
• Help us formulate our Financial data warehousing strategy, including pulling data from disparate sources and maintaining it within the EDW using Teradata/Snowflake
• Drive definition of business need, responsible for overall solution design, build and test, root cause analysis, and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality.
• Consult with Leadership, other IT teams, DBAs and server admins while performing the design of the solutions
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 5+ years of related experience. Requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field. Healthcare experience preferred.
A. ERP System Administration
Required: Expert ability to support the ERP-related infrastructure components (operating system, database, storage, network, web/application servers, etc.). Expert knowledge of implementing and maintaining the ERP application toolset(s) for online, batch, reporting, integrations, and conversions. Specific ERP application experience in PeopleSoft.
B. ERP Development
Required: Expert level experience with hands on ERP development platforms across various HR and/or Financials modules. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working in ERP software development environments such as PeopleSoft. Serves as second-tier technical support on application related issues, functional questions, and requests for change. Defining and migrating projects and other software objects affecting the environment through the defined migration paths for production support, development, upgrades, etc. Assist Manager and/or Project Lead in preparing project plan for any major tasks such as implementations, conversions, interfaces, major enhancements, patches and upgrades, etc. Applies due diligence to ensure best practices for ERP application. Be ahead of the curve and advise manager and team members on new technologies, processes, and tools useful for the organization.
• Strong experience in ERP / Peoplesoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM 9.2) modules including GL, AP, AM, PO, and eProcurement.
• Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting PeopleSoft SQR, SQL, PeopleCode, App Engine code, Integrations, and configurations.
• Experience with organizing disparate data sets to provide accurate and timely reporting.
• Experience in design and solutioning the complex requirements regardless of the application.
• Experience working as lead on large projects and support of finance organization. Should have experience in understanding and troubleshooting the existing custom integrations to/from PeopleSoft using flat file and API methodologies.
• Experience in gathering requirements, performing system configuration, documenting business process, develop and conduct testing including UAT, Integration for various Phases within PeopleSoft and other finance systems.
• Experience with Financial data warehousing strategy, including pulling data from disparate sources and maintaining it within the EDW using Teradata/Snowflake
• Good teamwork skills, and ability to collaborate with other functional and technical staff on the project. Communication, analytical and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
**TITLE:** Lead PeopleSoft/EDW Engineer
**LOCATION:** Various, Virginia