|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
Build the team that builds a better world.
Caterpillar wouldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it. Because our employees power our success, we’re committed to empowering theirs. As a member of our HR team, you’ll help us create a culture that enables people to produce their best work every day—work that changes lives for the better around the world. A solid HR background and good communication skills matter, but you’ll succeed here if you’re also:
- Focused on serving your customers
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Innovative and diverse thinking
- Ready to work in and help create flexible, collaborative environments
JOB PURPOSE :
To provide HR Consulting related support to Shared Services and Business Unit Partners.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Workforce Type Varies (lower level Coach would primary be production)
Geography Supporting employees primarily in site location
Type of work Clerical/administrative with limited analytical/problem solving
Customer contact points Primarily production walk-up questions
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include:
- Work closely with HR Manager and Operations Leaders to facilitate and implement the HR Strategy in alignment with the organization’s strategy
- Support career development of co-workers through counseling and guidance.
- Review and analyze HR trends
- Partner with other HR team members to support career movement across the organization
- Ensure that employee relations matters are managed effectively and proactively throughout the organization
- Ensure HR key initiatives, programs and policies are effectively aligned and executed.
- Provide direction and consultation to Facility Management in interpretation and application of employee-related policies, practices and procedures, governmental regulations, and internal investigations to enhance consistency and maintain and improve the work environment of the facility
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their needs, recommend recruitment strategy and assist with hiring decision.
- Coach managers on employee performance matters.
- Champion company diversity & inclusion and corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Integrate cultural values in the day-to-day business activities
Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned. The incumbent is responsible for receiving requests for human resources-related information and must determine the customer’s informational need in order to identify the course of action that needs to be taken in order to fulfill their request. The incumbent has detailed process documentation which requires limited analytical or problem solving skills.
Job functions related to Recruiting include:
Attrition Reports (monthly reports) Hire Rights Requests Job Posting in PS Make Job Proposal to Candidate Interview Coordination Phone Screenings Add Applicants in PeopleSoft Update Job Openings In PeopleSoft Interview Guides Coordination Communicate to' Not Selected' external candidates only Verification of Employment Academic transcripts New hires in PeopleSoft (send to HR Team, Sr Rep, Building Coordinator and Hiring Manager) Rotating Responsibilities:
New Hire Orientation: Logistics of New Hire Orientation (including NHO package)
New Hire Orientation: Coordinate Insurance Broker, and Safety Team for employees to assist
New Hire Orientation: Deliver the orientation (include benefits information)
Program Drug Tests Fill out work contracts for new hires Employee History Folder - creation and maintenance CSS Form for new employees Support on Logistics of Job Fairs and Open House Gives support on Follows up with Lawyers, Latam employees contracts and others. Needs to verify al Lab Tests Invoices we received from Laboratorio de Sedas.
Job functions related to Payroll and Learning include:
Absences Process Payroll Biweekly Coordination Payroll Claims Maternity Leave Calendar Coordination Process Panama CTAP - Reimbursement Process Certification of Employment Payroll Accounts Open and Cancellation Terminations calculation Salary Increase Letters Monthly STIP reports review for Panama Monthly STIP reports review for Chile Contributivo Reimbursements (Progreso) GTR's reinbusements for employees Cesantia Reimbursements (Progreso) Payroll Discount Forms New Deduction Capacity Review Contributivo and Cesantia Quaterly Updates (Progreso) Classroom utilization and logistical Set Up Instructor Led Training Deployment for all courses. Instructor role for PHAT, PMP and New Hire Orientation complements (CLMS Overview, Introduction to Lotus Notes) continue being the instructor for Leadership Development classes like Sit. Lead, Language Learning Program - Follow Up. Monthly meeting to track absenteeism, move a class and similar. CLMS Reports
Job functions related to ISE Coordination include:
Coordination of ISE assignments, benefits, relocation; cultural, medical and legal requirements Hire Rights Requests Job Posting in PS Make Job Proposal to Candidate Interview Coordination Phone Screenings Add Applicants in PeopleSoft Update Job Openings In PeopleSoft Interview Guides Coordination Communicate to' Not Selected' external candidates only Program Drug Tests Fill out work contracts for new hires
The position is a HR specialist within the group and provides clear direction to others inside and outside of the department. The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others when necessary.
Additionally the incumbent is also responsible for:
Field calls and e-mails for team as necessary and direct appropriately. Actively participate in the CI process
The positions customers are internal only. Typical internal customers include various contacts throughout their given work location, as well as various contacts throughout the Caterpillar organization. The position is challenged with managing a variety of tasks and customers, with multiple priorities. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous improvement, timeliness, accuracy, efficiency, cost savings, process quality, etc. The position changes the way work is performed to meet quality goals for the measures stated.
- Requires a good understanding of HR related issues including an understanding of the various human resources policies and procedures and regulations.
- The incumbent must be familiar with the organization being served and have problem solving skills to identify solutions.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- The position typically requires a high school diploma with advanced education preferred.
All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .