|Date Posted||December 31, 2021|
Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a HRIS Analyst – PeopleSoft. The primary purpose of this intermediate level position is to assist with various HRIS functions including evaluating, analyzing, and maintaining the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Leads PeopleSoft HCM projects, the automation of Human Resources programs and the design and production of ad-hoc and scheduled reports. Serves as the technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas. Is responsible for testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Analyst also leads PeopleSoft upgrades, new feature implementation projects, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Works directly with the HRIS Manager to assist with the development and implementation of PeopleSoft HCM modules. Research and reviews policies and practices to create requirements for design and development specification. Initial projects will include implementation of Guided Self Service, Onboarding and Offboarding, eCompensation, and new Fluid features.
- Creates project plans, conducts fit-gap analyses, identifies use cases and test scenarios, writes test scripts, conducts unit testing, and manages UAT processes.
- Designs and manages communication plan for changes made.
- Provide advisory services and guidance to management regarding system requirements based on company resources and needs.
- Analysis image updates, tax updates, production issues, and bug fixes for PeopleSoft HCM.
- Serves as second-tier expert for development of complex queries to meet management requests and needs for human resources related data.
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix.
- In collaboration with the HRIS Manager, reviews and recommends changes to processes, systems, vendors, programs, and procedures which will result in increased efficiencies to the HR function on a continuing basis.
- Maintain internal PeopleSoft security for manager, HR, payroll, and other functional areas.
- Develop, design, and provide training documentation for system processes and trains staff as needed.
- Maintain setup tables for regulatory compliance reporting such as EEO-1, labor reporting and non-discrimination testing for retirement plans and Affirmative Action Plan.
- Maximize technological capabilities to reduce manual processes (i.e. annual performance review process and other systems) and to improve data management and efficiency.
- Utilize human resources knowledge in ensuring the correction classifications are assigned such as FLSA exemption status, career levels, job codes and department codes.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Information Systems, Business or related field preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in technical/systems support for HR related functions.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in PeopleSoft HCM application with full knowledge to implement Guided Self Service, Onboarding and Offboarding, eCompensation, and Fluid technologies.
- PeopleSoft certification preferred.
- 5 – 8 years of experience writing SQL queries/reports, and analyzing or reporting data.
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Licenses and Certifications
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or HRIP certification preferred.
- PeopleSoft certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Local travel to various worksites is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.