|Date Posted||October 15, 2021|
Type of Service: Administrative
Title: HR Assistant
- Responsible for performing a variety of human resource support duties. Complete requested HR processing tasks within the HR information system, including maintaining all associate records and files. Assist in onboarding and offboarding associates. Perform general office support functions and assists area personnel as necessary. Resources to associates regarding pay, benefits and interpretation of human resource policies and programs. Support HR projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Responsible for effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resource information in a confidential manner.
- Oversee the human resource database. Ensure system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked.
- Ensure that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that new hire paperwork is completed and up-to-date and in compliance with federal regulations.
- Process employment verification forms and unemployment claims as required.
- Complete miscellaneous research, reports, and memos as requested.
- Responds to associate questions and problems courteously and promptly.
- Maintains and projects the Company’s professional reputation.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and with management.
- Conducts new hire orientation, including provisioning, assisting with supplies as appropriate and support department personnel as needed.
- Coordinates and supports activities related to cyclical HR processes, including merit, talent management, performance reviews and annual enrollment.
- Keep management appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Assists with planning and coordinating associate engagement activities
- Stays well informed regarding state and federal law updates and related human resource developments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- Associate degree and/or equivalent related experience
- At least one year of related experience
- Peoplesoft knowledge preferred, or other HRIS system experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite- Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Well organized and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Understanding of human resource reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Basic understanding of human resource functions
- Ability to meet deadlines accurately and efficiently
- Accurate and attentive to details
- Ability to assist and support others
- Limited travel may be required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Ability to do repetitious arm, wrist and hand movements required for working in an office environment including typing