|Published||November 20, 2022|
The Financial Systems Analyst will play a critical role in the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives and provide support for ongoing enhancements to our core Financials Systems. The individual will provide support to the following business areas: General Ledger, Asset Management, Projects, Grants. This position will provide leadership across business processes, engaging in other functional areas and offering knowledge transfer and guidance for cross-functional designs and issue resolution. S/he will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, application design, and project management. The successful candidate will need to provide leadership in coordinating complex projects across a team of technical developers, functional analysts, and subject matter experts. To meet these requirements, the candidate will need to combine an in-depth understanding of the Core Financials ERP and its integrations with areas such as Asset Management, Grants Management and Receivables business processes, with technical acumen and knowledge of how to enable these processes to be effective and efficient across a range of financial systems.
This role will be responsible for addressing business problems and/or opportunities by capturing requirements, documenting processes, and recommending functional designs for major projects. In addition, the functional analyst will perform tasks related to the design, planning, and execution of testing and implementation. Ongoing support/maintenance of the system is also required for this position. The financial systems analyst will collaborate as part of a team of business analysts and report developers.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.
Financial Systems Projects and Process Improvements
* Works with Finance & Treasury departments and other campus partners to document and analyze functional requirements, identify gaps and alternative approaches to meet requirements (adhering to approved methodology and documentation standards).
* Responsibility for a complex range of business processes and engagement with cross-functional areas, to include Grants Management, Billing, Treasury Operations, Project Costing, Customer Contracts and Receivables, providing coordination, guidance, and support for other business analysts.
* Facilitates status, business alignment, issue, and prioritization meetings.
* Provides leadership in identifying and defining enhancement opportunities for assigned business areas.
* Collaborates closely with business owners to ensure enhancements satisfy the required needs of the business and campus.
* Coordinates with Office of Information Technology (OIT) personnel on addressing technical requirements impacting the overall solution design.
* Supports organizational readiness by contributing to the planning for communications and training materials to facilitate the introduction of new capabilities impacting the designated functional areas.
* Plays a key role in leading and executing functional user acceptance testing with guidance from the project teams. Writes test scripts and performs detailed testing to ensure that software and reports function correctly.
Financial Systems Production Support, Maintenance, and Operations
* Conducts system testing of enhancements, modifications, of updates and images supplied by PeopleSoft.
* Verifies that data is interfaced properly between PeopleSoft modules and integrating systems.
* Creates and maintains queries to support reporting and troubleshooting needs.
Integrating Financial Systems Projects and Support
* Ensures that other PeopleSoft modules (General Ledger, Project Costing, Asset Management, etc.) and non - PeopleSoft modules are working in sync
* Collaborates with PeopleSoft Financials business analysts supporting Procure to Pay, General Ledger, and Budget modules. Assists with projects and operational activities in these business processes.
* Works closely with the Office of Research and Project Administration to integrate and transition the Pre-Award process to the Post-Award process.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience
* Expertise in PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 or similar ERP, including configuration and setup
* Experience using Query/SQL Tools
* Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Business Process / Application Testing
* Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
* Excellent system troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Needs to work well in a matrix environment.
* Experience with Emerging Technologies - RPA, Cloud SAAS, Workflow
* Advanced Analytical skills in Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Tableau, and/or Cognos
* Experience with Service Now, Jira and other ticketing systems
* Experience in higher education
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required