|November 30, 2023
Important Recruitment Information for this vacancy:
- Job Posting closes: Open until filled
Department of Administration, Office of Systems Management
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full/Part-time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans' Preference Eligible: Yes
- Annual Salary Range: up to $98,000.00
Note: Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
- First day of employment coverage under the State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) for medical and prescription drug coverage and dental plan.
- Additional voluntary options including vision, hospital indemnity, accident and critical illness insurance plans and flexible spending accounts.
- SEHP members and their covered family members have access to the HealthQuest Health Center at 9 th and Kansas Avenue in Topeka for in person and virtual health care services.
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
Visit the Employee Benefits page for more information
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Department of Administration (DofA), Office of Systems Management (OSM) is accepting applications for the Deputy Director of PeopleSoft Technical Operations. This position serves as the Deputy Director for the PeopleSoft technical architecture teams, within the OSM and in support of the DofA, Chief Information Officer (CIO).
The OSM is responsible for the strategic planning, integration, and technical support the statewide PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM) systems. These systems provide the complex information technologies for statewide HR/Payroll and Finance. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all HCM and FSCM application development, security, workflow, batch administration teams and supervision of other various technical duties. This position will work with the agency CIO to monitor the compliance of the PeopleSoft managed services and hosting contract. The Deputy Director will also manage and enforce service level agreements to ensure all performance metrics, production up time, disaster recovery, security and support desk response times and other areas are meeting or exceeding business and customer expectations.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the development, security, workflow, and batch administration teams of the statewide PeopleSoft applications
- Collaborate with direct reports and set clear expectations for the teams and individuals to align with business and office objectives
- Establish standard training protocols for staff development and onboarding
- Ensure system development lifecycle and application security best practices are being enforced and maintained
- Establish procedures for maintaining internal documentation and knowledge base
- Partner with DofA core business managers to ensure service level agreements for the PeopleSoft technical operations are meeting or exceeding business and customer expectations
- Provide strategic direction for system upgrades, integrations, and enhancements with alignment of business priorities and initiatives
- Manage compliance of the PeopleSoft managed services and hosting contract as well as integrated third-party applications
- Coordinate with DofA core business mangers to maintain system priorities and enhancement requests
- Provide IT project management and guidance for all PeopleSoft projects; including but not limited to application PUM upgrades, PeopleTools patching, environment refreshes and functional enhancements
- Manage application and hardware service contracts and licensing related to the PeopleSoft statewide systems
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders, external customers, IT staff, administration, and vendor partners that are vital to the success of projects .
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university; may substitute relevant experience in areas listed above.
- Minimum five (5) years' management experience of PeopleSoft technical or functional teams
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 implementation and application upgrade strategies
- Familiarity of PeopleSoft technical and functional frameworks including:
- PeopleCode, PeopleTools, Security and Workflow, Application Engine, Integration Broker, PeopleSoft reporting tools (PS Query, Tree Manager, PS/nVision, SQR, XML publisher)
- PTF, AWE, Page and Field Configurator, Drop Zones, Component Interfaces, Event Mapping, etc.
- Basic understanding of PeopleSoft functional modules in both HCM and FSCM
- General knowledge of PeopleSoft infrastructure:
- PeopleSoft Application server, web server and process scheduler
- Oracle Database and AIX/Linux operating systems
- Ability to estimate the level of effort and effectively triage issues for a timely and productive resolution
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the system development lifecycle
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with numerous external stakeholders and internal business units
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Organizational awareness, particularly related to mission and strategic alignment
Recruiter Contact Information:
- Name : Kim Warren
- Email : [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Phone : 785-296-4770
- Mailing Address : Department of Administration Personnel Office, 900 SW Jackson, Room 401-N, Topeka, KS 66612
Job Application Process
- First Sign in or register as a New User.
- Complete or update your contact information on the Careers> My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed below for the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email - sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications - view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov : How to Apply for a Job - Instructions and How to Search for a Job - Instructions
Required documents for this application to be complete:
Upload the DD214 (if you are claiming Veteran's Preference) on the Careers - My Job Applications page.
Upload these on the Attachments step in your Job Application:
- Cover Letter
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov : How, What, & Where do I Upload Documents
How to Claim Veterans Preference
Veterans' Preference Eligible (VPE): Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a "veteran"; under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans' preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.
Learn more about claiming Veteran's Preference
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the recruiter.