|Date Posted||October 3, 2021|
Location: Chicago, IL
Contract to hire
This position is responsible for securing goods and services for the company. Maintaining optimum quality at minimum cost. Responsible for approving and processing requisitions for purchase orders. Responsible for handling special order requests, auditing vendor files, and resolving issues.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 years experience processing purchase requisitions or purchase orders.
- Experience with contract negotiations, purchasing procedures.
- Experience with automated purchasing system
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications skills.
- PC skills (Word, Excel).
- Analytical skills
- Run queries and audit vendor files.
- Handle special and rush orders requests.
- Prepare, submit and analyze RFQs for non contracted goods that exceed $5,000.
- Work with vendor for changes to the on line catalogs for users.
- Research and resolve Help Desk E-Way and PeopleSoft tickets and update resolution in the on line Help Desk Queue.
- Responsible for all aspects of the PeopleSoft Purchasing and E Procurement modules.
- Interview vendors, secure bids and analyze quotes on comparable goods to determine the best quality and service consistent with cost, and selects appropriate vendor to be utilized; places orders for supplies and outside services.
- Source and process all requisitions to purchase order and dispatch to vendors.
- Resolve requisitions in error on sourcing workbench.
- Manage denied purchase order notifications and cancellations.
- Check sanction system prior to adding vendors to PeopleSoft.
- Maintain and update PeopleSoft Vendor file by continuous audit for duplicate vendors and vendors entered incorrectly.
- Review and enter purchase order acknowledgements.
- Review and enter Returns to Vendors (RTVs).
- Support and implement Strategic Sourcing initiatives.
- Support and assist remote HCSC purchasing staff regarding issues, policies and guidelines.
- Assist in training of PeopleSoft Requestors.
- Handle correspondence regarding over shipments, shortages, price changes, etc.
- Assist users for resolution to problems, i.e. late delivery, poor quality, pricing issues, etc. and works with vendors on corrections.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud purchasing system.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com