|Published||August 2, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Associate Director, PeopleSoft SCM.
In this role, the Associate Director- PeopleSoft SCM is responsible for managing and support of the PeopleSoft Supply Chain and Finance management applications, systems and programs. The Associate Director- PeopleSoft SCM will manage business and functional analysts in the team and provide support for Supply Chain management and Finance applications domain. Leading the selection, installation, configuration, customization, implementation, maintenance, and support of technical, business and functional solutions. Understand business processes of Supply Chain and Finance business areas and oversees the collection of user/business requirements and translation of them into well engineered and tested business solutions.
The Associate Director-Solutions Development will report to Director, Solutions Development in Corporate IT systems unit and accountable lines to the Vice President and Senior Directors in Corporate Services in Business and IT domains within NYU Langone Health.
- Effectively ensures that project timelines are established, meeting outcome and next steps are documented and follow through is implemented in order to keep the projects on track.
- Responsible for delivering IT strategy and roadmap of enterprise corporate function of the organization in the vertical areas - Supply Chain and Finance applications.
- Manage and oversees over 6 - 8 business and functional analysts (both staff and consultants) and manage enterprise-wide implementations and support of PeopleSoft Finance and Supply Chain systems.
- Effectively collaborate with development team to provide faster solutions to business.
- Participates in staff meetings to keep informed on both business matters of the domain and IT matters of enterprise significance.
- Creates a culture of innovation through involvement and engagement. Follows to applicable IT common processes and standards
- Abides within IT Security and Enterprise Architecture
- Leverages IT services that can be influence by other domains (QA, data center, middleware, help desk, etc.) and create synergy between the domains through integrated and interface solutions
- Fosters collaboration and teamwork. Communicates project / work status to direct leadership, appropriate sponsors and stakeholders. Works closely with Supply Chain and Finance business and IT Teams. Ensures compliance to contractual obligations
- Manages the services of outside consultants effectively and ensures that services provided are clear and meet the expectations of end users; holds them accountable for outcomes that allow the efficient progress of the assigned work according to established timelines
Additional Position Specific Responsibilities:
Leads design sessions to formulate functional requirements to analyze and evaluate existing systems for enhancement or proposed new technologies for Finance and SupplyChain business areas. Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade software and interfaces with other related systems. Analyze and evaluate proposed business procedures or problems to define and align technology needs. Considers a variety of approaches and selects optimal methods to meet desired results. Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams. Defining and conducting system tests and system validation. Assist in project deliverables as required. Schedules meeting when most convenient for user community. Clearly documents results of user group meeting and communicates those results to department head. Reviews user requests and prioritizes according to department needs and resources.
Provide superior customer service to user group community. Troubleshoot and resolve business processes and interface issues and document resolutions for future reference. Work with other members of the technical staff to keep systems working effectively, with minimum downtime, keeping current on patches and releases.
Manages and mentors assigned staff. Directs staff in writing and maintaining system documentation following departmental standards. Gets the best out of the team members. Sets and communicates guiding goals and stretch objectives; delegates routine and important tasks; distributes the workload appropriately; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; shares responsibility and accountability; trusts people to perform
Performs other duties as assigned.
Viewed by business leaders as a proactive partner in finding the right solutions to business needs. Actively engages key stakeholders in regular dialogue about business needs, opportunities, requirements and expectations; holds stakeholders accountable for their role.
Exhibits awareness and practices management of the business value of hardware, software, and other IT technical resources
To qualify you must have 7 to 10 years of PeopleSoft Supply Chain and Finance modules functional and technical work experience preferably in Health Care domain.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Supply Chain, Financial Accounting or Business management with an information technology focus; Masters Degree in a related discipline preferred.
Minimum 5 years of experience in progressively responsible IT leadership in managing Finance, Supply Chain applications and systems.
Previous application management experience in corporate systems domain, including significant experience with PeopleSoft Financials, Supply Chain application modules.
Previous experience optimizing PeopleSoft FSCM applications to provide best end user experience.
Previous experience in developing and deliver financial / Supply Chain reports and analytics / dashboards.
Skilled communicator; able to convey complex technical ideas in clear business language.
Able to influence and lead in a highly matrixed and collaborative business environment.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.