|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
AP Voucher Entry/PeopleSoft
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated AP Voucher Entry/PeopleSoft for an opportunity in Indianapolis, IN 46202.
Position Title: AP Voucher Entry/PeopleSoft
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46202
Expected Duration: 6 Months Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Reviews the biweekly submission of time for employees, expense reports and travel authorizations for compliance with rules and regulations set forth by the Auditor of the State, State Board of Accounts, and all federal regulations governing payroll and time.
* Processes and submits the completed paperwork for payroll and travel maintenance according to the timelines set by the Auditor of the State in order to meet payroll submission deadlines.
* Processes and submits the completed payroll file to the Auditor of the State in order to meet payroll submission deadlines.
* Analyzes trends in payroll and travel submissions, anticipates areas of weakness in the current system and proposes solutions to avoid mistakes.
* Trains users and provides technical support to agency personnel in reference to their electronic timesheets, expense reports, and travel authorizations.
* Interviews employees to discuss hours worked and pay adjustments to be made.
* Conducts special studies to analyze complex payroll actions and prepares recommendations for procedural and/or policy changes.
* Processes and submits the completed travel documents to the Auditor of the State in order to meet payroll submission deadlines.
* Analyzes trends in travel submissions, anticipates areas of weakness in the current system and proposes solutions to avoid mistakes.
* Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of payroll and travel guidelines;
* Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws, policies and procedures as they pertain to the Fair Labor Standards Act and employee compensation;
* Specialized knowledge of agency organization, function and purpose;
* Ability to analyze payroll submission, state forms, and reports;
* Ability respond in a professional and courteous manner in response to payroll related questions;
* Ability to organize and prioritize time sensitive daily activities ;
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
* Ability to develop effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
* Ability to keep personal information (i.e. employee garnishments, child support, etc) confidential.
* Ability to identify trends and recommend improvements
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 149265 when responding to this ad.