|Date Posted||September 23, 2018|
Purpose of Position/Summary:
Incumbent works in an agency information technology division as a top-level technical expert performing custom software coding/modifications to make the PeopleSoft Financials system conform to requirements, as well as supports periodic Oracle PUM implementation and testing, and ongoing maintenance for the Development, Quality Assurance and Production PeopleSoft Financials systems which provides services for 180 agencies. Reports to Development Team Leader.
- Provides technical leadership on complex projects involving: designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting PeopleSoft application modifications/enhancements to meet requirements.
- Interacts with Management, Applications Experts and Business Owners in understanding and resolving system/application related problems using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Performs code reviews of modifications made by developers outside GMIS before migration to production environment.
- Monitors customized application changes and migrates changes between Development, Quality Assurance, and Production environments following development guidelines.
- Prepares and migrates custom system modifications during PeopleSoft PUM projects Resources hardware structure.
- Interacts directly with Oracle to resolve vendor-related issues.
- Maintains functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials Modules Projects, HCM/ELM modules as requested
- Extensive knowledge of information systems relating to PeopleSoft Financials Modules
- Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used in applications development
- Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures relating to PeopleSoft Financials
- Ability to develop customized applications using Peopletools, SQR, Application Engines, Crystal Reports and BI Publisher
- Ability to read and understand complicated technical manuals
- Extensive Knowledge of PS tools 8.6
- Extensive Knowledge of PS Financials Modules
- Ability to manage multiple application development software projects and priorities
Difficulty of Work:
This is a high-level position as the infrastructure is critical to the agency. All financial and Human Resource applications are hosted here. The position requires both technical knowledge of development tools but also a basic understanding of the functionality of PeopleSoft Financials.
Support the GMIS Application team by completing documented customizations as needed by end user.
Personal Work Relationships:
Works with managers, Application analysts to resolve tickets, complete customization and troubleshoot functionality of the Financials modules.
Sitting, standing, general lifting of no more than 25 lbs.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178