|Location||Redwood City, CA|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2018|
Job Number: 2121571
Nelson Technology is partnered with a prominent client in the healthcare industry located in Menlo Park, CA; in search of a dynamic Sr. Business Systems Specialist. The ideal Sr. Business Systems Specialist is a functional role in delivery and support of the PeopleSoft Financials modules (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Requisition/Purchase Orders, Expense, Workflow, Cash Management, Project Costing, Financial Gateway and Imaging System). The role includes analysis, development, implementation, and monitoring of business systems and processes.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Enterprise Business Systems the Finance Business Systems Analyst will provide functional support for the development associated with upgrades, new enhancements, and/or help desk issues. The tasks involved can include any of the following:
- Help desk ticket analysis and problem-solving, business process development and/or enhancement, communications (internal and external to the Finance project team), application solution design, project planning, specification development, system documentation, testing, and application configuration.
- The BSA will be responsible for the planning, analysis, design, and functional support for the development/projects associated with upgrades, new enhancements, module implementation, and production support of the PeopleSoft Finance application; work with all Information Systems teams and 3rd Parties to provide oversight for design, and ensure quality and standards are met; prepare design specification, test scripts, perform testing; provide issue resolution, business process and user guides; coordinate efforts with project managers, technical developers and other analysts as necessary.
- Conduct application testing (at all levels; unit, system and integration) to ensure quality and standards are met.
- Support ongoing implementations with an emphasis on the Modules of Procure to Pay, General Ledger, Asset Management, Accounts Receivable, Billing, and 1099 Processing.
- To participate, coordinate and perform the functional tasks related to the development lifecycle of PeopleSoft projects including requirements definition, analysis, fit/gap resolution, process design and implementation, functional design, configuration, testing, training and validation.
- Work with end users and technical resources to build solutions.
- Responsible for PeopleSoft FSCM configuration that supports business processes.
- Responsible for writing test scripts and testing functionality.
- The candidate must have experience working with PeopleSoft FSCM Version 9.2.
- The candidate must possess the ability to create functional documentation including: business process flows, requirements, test scripts and test cases.
- The candidate must have solid functional skills and knowledge with a high level of experiences of PeopleSoft Finance application modules including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Requisition/Purchase Orders, Expense, Workflow, Cash Management, Financial Gateway and Imaging System as well as Integration Broker/Messaging configuration and functionality.
- Solid experience with conceptually understanding Relational Databases
- Proven experience testing software including PeopleSoft FSCM
- Experience in writing test plans and test scripts
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft Query, nVision, Combo edits, and SQL
- Proven experience gathering/analyzing data and writing business requirements documents
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: Six years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own.
With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. Whether you are looking for a position in: accounting & finance, administration, computer gaming, digital media, engineering, human resources, legal, light industrial, manufacturing, or technology, Nelson helps place people in full-time, temporary, temp-to-hire, project, and contract positions. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.com and click "Find Work."