|Date Posted||June 15, 2017|
Senior Systems Engineer
- Responsible for designing and delivering PeopleSoft application development of workflows, extensions, reports and forms.
- Responsible for delivering PeopleSoft engagements including implementation, upgrade and/or extensions.
- Responsible for project planning, definition, requirements and time & resource estimates
- Fulfills the role of project architect and:
- Is accountable for the technical design of the overall system architecture at the project level
- Leads technical teams in meeting delivery commitments
- Functions in the role of Technical Subject Matter Expert
- Involved in improving operational metrics, business case development & performance measurement
- Ability to design systems that can be scaled and extended easily.
- Work with business teams and analysts in preparing Process Models, Data Models, Data Flow Diagrams and Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Work effectively both independently and with team members, as well as with varying levels of technical and non-technical personnel, to achieve desired results
- Develops staff technical skills through training and mentoring as required to ensure robust, resilient, complete applications
- Researches new technologies and participate in short and long range architectural planning as required
- Provides leadership and guidance to development staff on the use of application frameworks, secure programming practices and proper business continuity practices.
- Consistently applies business and technical knowledge to help establish, maintain, and enforce technical direction and standards.
- Work with information technology professionals to provide insight and advice to senior managers, and executives, concerning the strategic direction and applicability of enterprise-based products.
- Bachelor's degree (BE, BS) or Master's degree (MS) equivalent in Computer Science, Finance or related field of study is preferred
- 15 years+ of ERP/PeopleSoft Finance experience.
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Experience in systems software or algorithms.
- Excellent implementation skills (Java, XML, PL/SQL, .NET/ASP).
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity configuring & using STAT migration tool
- Proficient with SQR, PeopleCode, SQL, and PeopleTools and related languages.
- Proven expertise with the following tools: PeopleTools 8.5x, Application Designer, PeopleCode, Workflow, Integration Broker, Application Engine, Component Interface, File Layouts, SQR, Application Messaging, Application Package, XML Publisher, P/S Query and PeopleSoft Security.
- Ability to design and develop complex PeopleCode and Application Engine programs.
- Demonstrated experience in Page, Component and Menu development.
- In-depth technical understanding of PeopleSoft Portal 9.0 and / or CS 9.0, EPM 9.0, and demonstrated expertise in web server applications and web services, and a working knowledge of Oracle 11g R2.
- Demonstrated experience using SQL and PL/SQL to manage data stored in a RDBMS.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Knowledge of MS Office products.
- Ability to work independently with cross functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the flexibility to work successfully with multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, reflected in the ability to form successful cooperative partnerships with both internal and external personnel.
- Excellent analytical, communication, writing, and presentation skills, including the ability to translate complex technical issues into understandable reports, updates, and proposals for solutions.