|Date Posted||November 8, 2018|
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company's over 2,700 employees are industry-leading experts.
This is a Full-time position. Contract is not available.
Under minimal supervision, Senior PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst has the primary responsibility of ensuring the quality of the software architecture, as well as any associated custom development to meet the TMHCC's functional and technical requirements. The resource will work closely with the key business partners and IT stakeholders (example server, database teams), and project managers to design, develop, unit test and implement product initiatives to support PeopleSoft Financials business users.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with several sub modules of PeopleSoft Financials as well as PeopleTools, and ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Lead and perform application design, development, implementation, enhancement, maintenance and support of PeopleSoft Financials following existing programming standards and policies
- Manage detailed application requirements and collaborate with key business partners to ensure quality function, features and user experience.
- Provide an end-to-end ownership of the assigned objects and proactively identify issues and potential missing requirements.
- Manage communication to customer on assigned tickets, track issues, ensure their timely resolution.
- Create and maintain thorough and complete technical documentation as per defined TMHCC standards.
- Write code that meets the business requirements and design specifications. Ensure code is regression free, documented and unit tested.
- Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Create complex reports and SQL queries to support business users' requests.
- Provide production support, diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution.
- Monitor and continually review application and tune for performance.
Required / Desired Skills and Knowledge:
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and systems analysis procedures.
- Extensive background working as a PeopleSoft programmer analyst (developer) and experience using PeopleSoft Financials (9.2) and PeopleTools version 8.55 or higher.
- The job requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Oracle databases & Database tools: (SQL Developer or similar)
- Ability to present technical solutions or research to multiple levels of users and management in a language that non-technical understand.
- Understands standard business processes and reporting needs pertaining to Finance. Functional knowledge of Financials systems and accounting concepts
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with BizTalk or similar middleware tools is preferred.
- Minimum 7-years' development experience with implementations, upgrades (bundles/PUM) and support of PeopleSoft Finance (9.2) covering all major modules including:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Asset Management (Inventory)/Fixed Assets
- Lease Accounting
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Technical skills required:
App Designer, PeopleCode; Application Engine/Classes; CI (component Interface); Integration Broker; Application Package; AWE (Approval Workflow Engine); SQR; SQL; Application Messaging; BI Publisher; nVision; People Tools 8.55 or greater; Unix; Linux; Windows; Oracle 11g/12c; Fluid experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.