|Location||Saint Paul, MN|
|Date Posted||June 5, 2018|
The Senior PeopleSoft Performance Test Lead must have PeopleSoft version 9.1 or 9.2 experience in a public sector environment and have broad knowledge about the constructs of PeopleSoft enterprise performance. Successful candidates must have 10 years' experience in similar performance roles, and have successfully led the execution of online and batch performance tests for the PeopleSoft Financial Management Solutions (FMS) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) suite of modules.
Description of Project
- Client is upgrading the current PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial Management Solutions (FMS) system to version PeopleSoft 9.2. FMS is the core tool that supports the client accounting and procurement functions. The FMS application is currently operating in PeopleSoft version 9.1. Client recently completed a strategic planning phase. The resource request is to assist the client in development activities associated with deploying this enterprise system. The project is expected to be approximately 10 months in length.
- Oracle Support for PeopleSoft version 9.1 ended in January of 2018.
- The current modifications found far exceed those found in other organizations (both private and public) with recent upgrade experience.
- Accessibility is extremely important to the client and must meet the WCAG 2.0 (Level AA) and Section 508 Subparts A-D accessibility standards.
- Performance tuning is extremely important and must meet industry standards for an enterprise system; a focus will be put on reliability (availability vs. down time), system processing (specifically in budget checking), and timely batch processing.
- The system data will be used in the client's data warehouse and interfaces are a major component of this upgrade.
- Produce performance test approach and performance test results deliverables
- Assess and size performance testing scope for project
- Lead and execute all performance testing efforts with direction from a part-time senior Performance SME
- Manage respective PeopleSoft performance tuning to deployment including driving all related project tasks, objectives and milestones
- Direct and guide PeopleSoft 9.2 performance tuning decisions as they related to the client business processes
- Report status to Project Management Office (PMO) team
- Track, escalate and document project risks, issues, decisions and changes to performance tuning scope
- Facilitate reviews of performance requirements and environment scheduling with project managers, technical teams, and developers as needed
- Work closely with tool owners, architecture and development teams to design and implement performance test plan
- Provide guidance and mentoring on testing strategy and implementation to testing and development team members
- Estimate resource and system needs relative to scope
- Assess and adjust performance testing capacities and capabilities throughout the project
- Assess capabilities and constraints to meeting project delivery
- Identify risks to performance processes and plans
- Utilize the project issue management process as issues are uncovered
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance testing issues
- Perform off-hours support during certain phases of the projects as required
- Provide input and review of complex system modifications for performance tuning needs
- Review technical specification document to ensure alignment with performance tuning strategy
- Advise on capabilities and strategies for optimizing performance
- 10 years' combined experience in PeopleSoft performance test roles including leading online performance testing using Client LoadRunner or Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS)
- 2 years' combined experience with PeopleSoft performance testing on version 9.1 or 9.2 in a public sector environment (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, or Municipality government, or Higher Education)
- 5 years' combined experience with tuning PeopleCode or Application Engine
- 5 years' experience with tuning SQL
- 5 years' experience using key Oracle performance constructs
- 3 years' experience with Oracle 12c or higher
- 1 year experience with PeopleTools 8.54 or higher
- 3 years' experience working on PeopleSoft finance and procurement batch schedules
- 5 years' combined experience in full lifecycle upgrades or implementations of PeopleSoft 9.1 or higher
- Ability to work on-site one (1) day per week
- PeopleSoft v9.2 project deployed on PeopleTools 8.55 in a public sector environment (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, or Municipality government, or Higher Education) Experience with Oracle OATS performance tool
- Experience with data warehouse solutions including PeopleSoft EPM and Oracle OBIEE
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.55 or higher
- Experience in full lifecycle upgrades/implementations of PeopleSoft 9.1 or higher in a public sector environment (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, or Municipality government, or Higher Education)
- Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 (Level AA) and Section 508 (Subparts A-D) in a public sector environment (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, or Municipality government, or Higher Education)
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today!
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
- Bi-weekly payroll
- Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
- 401k plan
- Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
- Delivery Director for employee success and support
- Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”