|Date Posted||January 10, 2018|
Job Title: Senior Peoplesoft Oracle DBA
Rate: 73hr/w2wben, 82hr/w2/wo/ben or 90hr/1099
Client: DC Government
Location: Washington DC
Duration: 1000 Hours.
Close Date: January 10, 2017
Projected Start Date: January 29, 2017
Interview Type: Either Webcam or In Person
Senior Oracle DBA with strong technical skillset supporting PeopleSoft ERP system on Oracle Exadata HW. The engineer will work on the design, config and implementation of new Oracle Enterprise systems ie PeopleSoft, Ariba, Oracle SOA suite etc.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator with strong technical skillset required to design, configure, create and implement new Oracle databases supporting the PeopleSoft ERP migration project. The platform is being migrated to an Oracle engineered system that will reside Oracle Exadata hardware. The engineer will work on the critical migrations of Oracle database Enterprise systems including PeopleSoft, Ariba, Oracle SOA suite etc., The duties include design, migration, creation and configuration of new databases, database patching, testing, designing and planning for Oracle database deployment. This senior role involves monitoring, trouble shooting database issues, PeopleSoft Payroll and Batch jobs performance tuning, maintenance, backup and disaster recovery support for the production, testing, staging and development of Oracle databases. Will also provide database support for data warehousing environments and other business applications utilizing Oracle as the database platform; effectively communicate, adhere to Change Control Board processes, interact with stake holders to assure information that affects operations is communicated to the proper recipients in a timely manner.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively with engineers and system administrators.
• Experience with PeopleSoft HCM components such as App Engine, SQR, Cobol, Process Scheduler and Application server.
Knowledge and Skill set requirements:
At least 8+ years of experience with high volume Oracle database administration in the following areas:
• Strong technical skills working with Exadata machine and other Oracle Engineered Systems including platform migration
• Install, setup & configure Oracle 12c and 11g databases
• Create and setup PeopleSoft HCM databases, Schemas and Tablespaces
• Perform Oracle Grid Control installation (OEM12c and OEM13c), configuration, monitoring, provisioning, patching and maintenance
• Performance Tuning and Monitoring of PeopleSoft Payroll and nightly Batch jobs.
• Experience with troubleshooting PeopleSoft Application Engine, SQR and Cobol processes.
• Experience with different component of PeopleSoft PIA components like Application Server, Process Scheduler etc.
• Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
• Disaster Recovery, RMAN backup & recovery planning and design
• Administer and troubleshoot Oracle databases including security patching, SQL tuning, capacity planning, and schema design.
• Implement, maintain, Golden Gate Replication and Active Data Guard.
• Experience with Oracle database security TDE encryption and implementation
• Load balancing, Query optimization, Schema design and database performance tuning
• Write UNIX shell scripts for Oracle software and patch installations
• Experience with optimizing and supporting large multi-terabyte production database
• Strong understanding of Linux operating system, storage solutions and
• System architecture, Data Base & Schema design as well as high availability concepts.
• Experience in change management process for managing changes in ERP environment.
• Exceptional Analytic/Problem-solving/Troubleshooting expertise and attention to detail.
• Strong skills in SQL, PL/SQL, Perl and Linux shell scripting
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
2. Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
3. Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
4. Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements :
Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience desired.
Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by CAI management in advance, and contact information must be provided to CAI so that the resource can be reached during his or her absence. The Client has the right to dismiss the resource if he or she does not return to work by the agreed upon date. Do you accept this requirement?
Please list candidate's email address that will be used when submitting E-RTR.
Please describe your candidate's 3-5 years demonstrated operational implementation and use of Fortify and ParaSoft static code analysis tools.
Please describe your candidate's 3-5 years demonstrated operational implementation and use of Rapid7, Nessus, or similar Network Scanning tools.
Please describe your Demonstrated proficiency with HEAT and SATELLITE patch management tools for Windows and Unix environment patching.