|Date Posted||June 17, 2017|
A Senior Developer on the PeopleSoft ESA/PayBill team works within the system development lifecycle (SDLC) to develop software applications that meet business requirements while also mentoring other developers.
Design and develop complex projects within the PeopleSoft system, review of requirements to ensure understanding of business needs, determines level of effort for design/development work, perform application design and development, unit testing, applicable design and code reviews, development support for functional and load testing, and code documentation. For applicable vendor products, responsibilities may include vendor contact, installation and unit testing of software, trouble-shooting and related system administration duties.
Supports enterprise project initiatives to ensure business needs are met through the development of projects and understanding the business process to develop solutions that are efficient and scalable for growth.
Applies business acumen and domain knowledge as a self-starter with the ability to assess, develop, and evolve best practices and processes for the analysis of business processes and needs in the areas of business rules, analytics, and service consumption through effective requirements elicitation and management.
Interacts with application developers, business and systems analysts, project managers, vendors, architects, and QA resources for full life cycle of projects.
- Provide strong knowledge of the PeopleSoft application, PeopleSoft system development tools, and the technology procedures and standards within an assigned service area; stay informed of changing technology
- Have an understanding of industry best-practice software development processes
- Work to translate the customer's business needs into a technological solution
- Thoroughly review business and system requirements to obtain full understanding of business needs
- Develop accurate level of effort (LOE) estimates; review LOEs with other team members
- Design as well as develop or modify applications that fully implement business requirements as well as maintain the integrity of the architecture and incorporate best-practice designs
- Document software designs and code changes
- Ensure unit testing of application development work is correctly completed
- Install, maintain, and unit test vendor-supplied application software as necessary
- Provide development support for analysis, functional testing, load testing, and user acceptance testing
- Assist in the coordination of efforts with other IS service areas
- Assist in providing root cause analysis on technical service problems and failures
- Provide support and mentor developers on ESA/Paybill team
- Provide support and guidance for production issues as needed. (on-call)
- Experience in the any of the following PeopleSoft modules would be a plus (Project, Contracts, Resource management, Proposal management, Program management, Expense, and Time & Labor).
Supervisor or Management Responsibility:
- With management guidance and support, will provide training, mentoring, and support for assigned team members
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- S. in Computer Science, Business, or related major or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years of IS experience and technical proficiency with the PeopleSoft PeopleTools Suite (App Engine, PeopleCode, App designer, etc.).
- 7+ years of IS experience and functional proficiency in the PeopleSoft Time and Labor and/or Travel and Expense Module
- Experience with PeopleSoft global functionality
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Applies depth of expertise in own discipline to guide others in the application of principles and concepts and to interpret complexities, nuances, and anomalies of current vs future state business rules and related processes
- Establishes protocols and processes for the discipline of software development
- Applies domain knowledge to guide the application of best practices within Information Services for root cause analysis, software development, data flow analysis, and related tools
- Interprets internal/external business challenge, assesses current/industry practices and selects best practices to improve products, processes, or services
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Anticipates and solves complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify solutions; and consistently applies critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by Information Services policies
- Communicates difficult or sensitive concepts and works to build consensus
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the business processes, the applications and technology goals for the enterprise, knowledge of networks, hardware standards, operating systems, systems development tools and other environmental considerations such as security policies.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, data analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated Knowledge of Agile Methodology
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC and other all key information service standards
- Ability to translate business problems/needs to technical needs and to demonstrate how technical solutions support solving business problems/needs
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
Special Requirements of the job:
- Advanced organization and time management skills to manage multiple complex tasks and competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to plug in and assist anywhere from:
- researching technologies,
- analyzing existing competitive products for key features
- producing illustrative training documentation,
- working with team members to translate to our customers
- working with Product Owners to create repeatable tools to share back with customers
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Initiative and Drive
- Leading Self and Others
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.