|Date Posted||February 3, 2018|
KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) is a global Fortune 1000 company headquartered in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana, with 17,500 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Our diverse team helps the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, financial institutions, insurance companies and dealer groups buy, sell and trade used vehicles. Last year we facilitated 5.1 million transactions valued at over $40 billion through our physical, online, and digital/mobile auction marketplaces. We move quickly, and we’re looking for creative innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to be part of our global expansion.
This position reports to the KAR Corporate Finance Director of Financial Business Systems. This role is responsible for the functional and technical support, maintenance and system administration of the PeopleSoft Financial Application. Our team plays a key role in enabling important process decisions in accounting that meet corporate objectives. This role must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state and federal laws are followed at all times. As well as ensuring that no company, employee or customer information is inappropriately divulged to unauthorized parties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as Corporate Finance representative/project team member on various PeopleSoft Financial Application development projects, working with other involved KAR departmental personnel and external consultants as needed to ensure that KAR continues to increase the value received from their PeopleSoft Financial Application.
- Partner with Finance end-users to understand and analyze complex business problems and define business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services or optimize/streamline business processes.
- Interview internal and external customers to gather requirements. Document functional and technical specifications for development and enhancement projects. Validate business processes against data requirements.
- Ensure business requirements are clearly documented, understood by key stakeholders, reviewed and confirmed with the customer before functional requirements are finalized. Ensure business requirements are properly documented and functional/business consideration is identified for each solution. Ensure alternative approaches are evaluated in working with internal and external resources.
- Provide application knowledge for implementation of new PeopleSoft modules and added functionality. Participate and coordinate application analysis, functional design, application configuration, application testing, and training for end users.
- Support Finance and Accounting departments in answering detailed PeopleSoft functional questions and determining solutions for their issues; troubleshoot and coordinate with teammates to resolve problems and investigate enhancements for applications.
- Research and investigate user-reported PeopleSoft issues to determine whether they are resulting from poor business processes or a technical system issue. Follow up with user or internal PeopleSoft resources to resolve.
- Support unit, QA and UAT testing using a combination of business expertise and technical understanding, working with teammates to develop and/or execute test cases; co-ordinate user acceptance testing, working directly with end users to manage tasks associated with testing.
- Create test plans and writing/executing scripts related to user-requested system enhancements and projects. Insure coordination with respect to objects spanning various PeopleSoft modules.
- Utilize all available technology and social networking platforms to engage the greater PeopleSoft user community and bring external PeopleSoft best practice/business process/technology innovation information from other PeopleSoft professionals and customers to your team.
- Maintain positive employee relations and morale whenever possible. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
- Act as leader and take ownership of the entire application project management lifecycle. Analyze changing business needs and their impact on systems. Drive the delivery of solutions from conceptual to implementation.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by management.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required and six (6) to eight (8) years of business/requirements analysis required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of functional Peoplesoft Financials experience and a strong understanding of relational databases required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Accounts Receivable and Billing modules is preferred.
- Up to 10% travel may be required for end-user training, site visits and user conferences.