|Date Posted||October 6, 2017|
Apex Systems, a national leader in IT staffing, is searching for a Senior PeopleSoft Business Analyst for a large client in Indianapolis, IN. We are looking for someone who will be an integral part of our client’s internal team providing leadership and vision for various Oracle based business systems. This candidate will need to develop or have a current understanding of the client’s business activities and needs, as well as, the technical systems that integrate with Oracle. The Senior PeopleSoft Business Analyst will work to ensure that business requirements are met, and that technical changes are properly planned, tested, verified and delivered in accordance with agency and state standards. Please see below for more detail!
Specific duties include:
- participating in computer software systems integration projects for internal systems,
- Creating and modifying programs and modules using prescribed methodologies and designs,
- Assist in developing specifications for modification,
- Works with end-users to develop system user tools, e.g., documentation, forms, and procedures.
- Assist end-users with setup and configuration of application modules.
- Technical experience should include in-depth exposure to web-based development tools and solid experience with Oracle or SQL Server relational database systems, as well as Windows and LINUX based environments.
- Identify and recommend business process changes, improvements and identifies areas of improvement and efficiencies to increase agency productivity and system integrity.
- PeopleSoft Financials (FMS), Human Capital Management (HCM), and Supply Chain Management (SCM) experience
- PeopleSoft development experience using PeopleTools 8.4x and PeopleTools 8.5x and higher toolsets
- Experience with various Oracle delivered PeopleTools development tools, such as App Designer, SQR, App Engine, PeopleCode, etc.
- Workflow experience a plus, Approval Workflow Engine (AWE) a major plus
- Solid PS/Query & SQL understanding as well as knowledge of PeopleSoft application tables.
- Experience with BI Publisher, OBIEE and related reporting tools a plus.
- Experience with Oracle WebCenter.
- Experience performing quality unit testing and preparing test scripts and test scenarios to validate development changes.
- Able to work independently and in a project team setting.
- Provides all required documentation for these tasks including design documentation, technical specifications, user procedures, and test plans.
- Performs assigned tasks within prescribed deadlines. Notifies IT Director of concerns or conflicts, which could impede project milestones.
Client Relation Requirements:
- Performs assigned tasks under supervision of the IT Director.
- Effectively utilizes technical/application skills in furthering the progress of the application system.
- Follows established methodology to meet assigned deliverables for all assigned tasks. Provides all required documentation for these tasks including design documentation, technical specifications, user procedures, and test plans.
- Performs assigned tasks within prescribed deadlines. Notifies IT Director of concerns or conflicts, which could impede implementation deadlines.
- Communicates information clearly, accurately and timely to team members.
- Takes initiative to learn the agency’s business when completing tasks.
- Seeks out and participates in learning activities to enhance knowledge of technologies, software packages and the industry.
- Puts forth the efforts necessary to complete projects & tasks successfully.
- Represents the department in a professional manner.
- Establishes positive, professional relationship with agency directors, managers and staff.
- Conducts/participates in regular team meetings to promote activity progress.
- Provides management with ongoing progress reports, at least on a weekly basis.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please contact Lauren Smith at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 317-414-9978.