|Date Posted||February 28, 2018|
TEKsystems is seeking a Sr. PeopleSoft Systems Administrator for a contract-to-hire assignment in the Indianapolis, Indiana area.
Description of Duties:
Support and create PeopleSoft infrastructure
Create the 9.2 environments for the upgrades
Experience in implemting PUM's
Support Developers and Functional staff
Understanding of Project management
Working with customers
Purpose of Position/Summary:
Under direction, performs highly complex duties in the development, installation, configuration, maintenance, tuning and administration of PeopleSoft's enterprise-wide data management systems and software. Performs similar duties in the installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of operating system and other core software and support systems; serves as an expert technical advisor on complex data, applications and systems management and administration issues; and performs related duties as assigned. Contributes to the reliable and secure operation of the PeopleSoft system supported by an Oracle database. Installs, implements and supports PeopleSoft application software, acts as a primary technical resource for the enterprise applications and provides ongoing support, including software tuning, installing upgrades and fixes and maintaining software for 24/7 availability.
* Performs highly complex data management functions at an enterprise level; installs, integrates, upgrades and manages PeopleSoft database environments and structures;
* Installs and tests new releases, bundles and fixes; ensures data security protocols are maintained and backup/recovery processes are completed as scheduled.
* Performs PeopleSoft data and systems architect duties; analyzes data resource and server capacity and forecasts growth requirements;
* Recommends server, hardware and RDBMS upgrades and enhancements to meet long-term needs; provides enterprise-level short- and long term planning advice on technical enterprise database and systems management and utilization issues;
* Promotes the effective sharing and utilization of common data across applications and departments/business units;
* Provides advanced technical support to PeopleSoft developers and users including advice and guidance on complex processes and system interdependencies;
* Troubleshoots operational and systems issues ranging from difficult to highly complex, including problems with multiple solutions and potential significant consequences;
* Works with other IT staff to develop and implement or recommend the implementation of appropriate solutions to complex problems
* Works in coordination and collaboration with other information technology staff as needed
* Performs other duties as required
* Principles, practices and techniques of information systems management, including applications design, hardware and software options for administrative and business functions and the cost-benefit of systems alternatives.
* Working with PUM installations for Financials, HCM and ELM 9.2.
* Tools and utilities used in monitoring and tuning database, applications and systems performance.
* Operating system architectures, characteristics, components and commands applicable to enterprise information systems and platform operating systems.
* Principles, practices and methods of systems/network administration and maintenance, including configuration, performance tuning and diagnostic tools.
* Principles, practices and methods of project management as they apply to information technology projects.
* Experience in upgrading to Financials 9.2, ELM 9.2 and HCM 9.2 building the new in 9.2 environment.
* Plan, organize, integrate and manage a broad range of complex data and systems management, upgrade, administration and maintenance activities.
* Establish and maintain project and production schedules and balance responsibilities for multiple activities to ensure timely, high-quality results.
* Identify information and technology management issues and opportunities, analyze complex problems and alternatives and develop sound conclusions and recommendations.
* Assess customer needs, set priorities and allocate resources to effectively meet needs in a timely manner.
* Develop and implement appropriate procedures and controls.
* Understand and apply functional requirements to the development of systems proposals, specifications and recommendations for cost effective information systems and technology solutions.
* Communicate clearly and effectively to diverse audiences of technical and non-technical personnel, both orally and in writing.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.