|Date Posted||April 14, 2018|
Position: Senior Global Payroll PeopleSoft Developer
Job Purpose: The Senior Global Payroll (GP) PeopleSoft (PS) Developer will lead technical development and system design. The GP PS technical developer will be responsible for implementing the GP Payroll Product Manager’s and Solution Architect’s requirements and designs. This position’s day to day activities include the creation of Global Payroll objects (arrays, formulas, date variables, brackets, among others) used in the efficient and effective calculation of earning and deduction elements.
Job Duties Include:
- Support the design and creation of technical specifications from functional specifications for complex development projects, analyze the impact of vendor provided updates and upgrades to the system, and programming solutions using the PeopleTools suite.
- Translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Perform and prepare technical design documentation and resolve issues that arise during development.
- Conduct unit and integration testing to ensure quality implementation.
- Use best practices to test and deploy changes from development to test, staging and production environments.
- Conduct product development activities in support of application enhancements and system problems (e.g. writing PeopleCode; building or altering PeopleSoft objects; building and maintaining Global Payroll objects; modification and development of application engines; writing DMS and/or SQL statements; creating SQRs etc.).
- Conduct technical design walkthroughs.
- Perform peer reviews on other developer code.
- Perform software code development; COTS software configuration; Integration; Data modeling and data migration, Testing and test support; Implementation/Deployment.
- Write well-documented code in compliance with established coding standards.
- Explain technical implementations to end-users, business customers, management, and other developers, both verbally and in writing..