|Date Posted||February 22, 2019|
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Senior Application Developer (R1-19-0348)
As the Senior Application Developer on the IT Finance team, you will provide application software development services and develop program logic for new applications. Analyze and modify logic in existing applications. Code, test, debug and document software applications. Analyze requirements, test and integrate application components. Ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented.
PGE is seeking a highly motivated, well organized and experienced PeopleSoft Developer to support the PeopleSoft Finance & Supply Chain application, PowerPlan and other corporate applications. The candidate will work closely with Business Analysts, Business Clients and other IT Staff as part of the job function.
Other typical responsibilities include:
- Supporting our Financial application suite (primarily): PeopleSoft-FSCM, PowerPlan, RiskMaster
- Developing integrations for applications.
- Developing and enabling integration patterns and best practices.
- Developing integrations between On-premise and cloud applications.
- Supporting after hours on call support
- Demonstrated familiarity with IT integration, content management, web and cloud projects and engineering practices
- Knowledge of supporting financial systems
- Identify and effectively remove obstacles impeding team progress
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Coding and analytic skills
- Object oriented programming experience.
- Solid understanding of at least two functional modules within PS-FSCM.
- Prefer knowledge of DataStage, DataPower, messaging services such as MQ, database skills, Business Process Modeler, Angular, EC2, S3, Lambda
- Facilitation of continuous improvement
- Testing and QA skills
- Cloud tool sets and web service integration experiences are highly desirable.
The successful candidate will typically have a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree. 8 – 10 years of application software development experience with at least 5 years of solid PeopleSoft development experience, on UNIX and Oracle platform. 3 – 5 years of development and support of PeopleSoft FSCM applications (version 9.0 or higher) with experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Inventory, Purchasing, eProcurement, Travel & Expenses and General Ledger.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req= R1-19-0348. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING