|Date Posted||December 22, 2017|
The primary purpose of this job is to assist with various HRIS functions including evaluating, analyzing and maintaining the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). The Principal HRIS Analyst will lead PeopleSoft HCM projects, the automation of Human Resources programs and the design and production of ad-hoc and scheduled reports. Also, serve as the second-tier/escalation point-of-contact for assigned functional areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Work directly with the Senior Manager, HRIS to assist with the development and implementation of PeopleSoft HCM modules. Researches and reviews policies and practices to create requirements for design and development specification.
- Identify use cases and test scenarios. Write test scripts, conduct unit testing, and manage UAT processes, often also being responsible for UAT.
- Provide advisory services and guidance to management regarding system requirements based on company resources and needs.
- Manage image updates and fixes for PeopleSoft HCM.
- Serve as second-tier expert for development of complex queries to meet management requests and needs for human resources related data.
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff to lead application of upgrade or fix. Maintain PeopleSoft system tables. Document process and results.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, HRIS reviews and recommends changes to processes, systems, vendors, programs, and procedures which will result in increased efficiencies to the HR function on a continuing basis.
- Maintain internal PeopleSoft security for manager, HR, payroll, and other functional areas.
- Develop, design and provide training documentation for HRIS processes and trains staff as needed.
- Assist PeopleSoft programmers with the development of interface files utilizing delivered functionality as much as possible.
- Maintain setup tables for regulatory compliance reporting such as EEO-1, labor reporting and non-discrimination testing for retirement plans and Affirmative Action Plan.
- Maximize technological capabilities to reduce manual processes (i.e. annual performance review process and other systems) and to improve data management and efficiency.
- Utilize human resources knowledge in ensuring the correction classifications are assigned such as FLSA exemption status, career levels, job codes and department codes.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Information Systems, Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ of experience in technical/systems support for HR related functions.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ of experience in PeopleSoft HCM application with full knowledge to implement Absence Management, Manager Self Service, ePerformance.
- PeopleSoft certification preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ of experience working with relational database applications, writing SQL queries/reports, and analyzing or reporting data with knowledge of TSQL and stored procedures.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or HRIP certification preferred.
- PeopleSoft certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
* Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568