|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
PeopleSoft Test Lead
Terms: W2 or C2C
Duration: 1 year (extensions highly likely)
Kelly IT Resources is currently working directly with a prestigious University in Northern California, just outside of Sacramento, CA, located in Davis, Ca.
As the entire UC system prepares for a massive PeopleSoft HCM implementation each University is tasked with internal preparedness, so in conjunction with this, this University is looking for an on-campus Testing Lead to help aid UC Davis through this implementation.
PeopleSoft Testing Lead Job Summary:
Under the general direction of the Program Manager, the Testing Lead will develop, implement, and execute the campus testing strategy for the implementation of the University's PeopleSoft HCM system for this campus, and coordinating team members in a matrix management environment to achieve timely delivery of testing outcomes.
This is a contract position for one year from the date of hire.
• Manages the strategic and tactical testing relationship with campus implementation program stakeholders (IT and business).
• Develops the overall testing strategy, scope, and master test plan for the testing program; sets the direction and tone for quality delivery.
• Owns/drives/coordinates testing across multiple testing phases, including System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Performance, and End-to-End.
• Develops entrance/exit criteria for each testing phase.
• Provides requirements and guidance for test data and test environment needs, including providing testing environment setup requirements and migration plans.
• Coordinates team members in several functional units, leads and coordinates all testing within the testing program. Develops project management documentation as needed, including work-breakdowns, schedules, task assignments.
• Ensures that test automation is considered and utilized where appropriate; facilitates improving test processes, and proposes new ideas on how to improve customer satisfaction and quality of product.
• Develops test result and assessment templates. Collects testing metrics, develops reporting plans and reports status to program participants and leadership, and a wide audience of campus constituents.
• Along with functional users and analysts, designs, develops and executes manual and automated functional test cases that ensure the software meets the intended requirements and quality standards. Evaluates test cases, test plans, and test processes for completeness, effectiveness and efficiency.
• Provides leadership and consultation to program and application development groups for all testing related matters.
• May participate in decisions regarding transition of software and systems into production to represent the completeness and quality of the testing effort.
• Accountable for Test Data Management, development and collection of testing requirements, evaluation of available data in repositories, identification of testing gaps.
Must be available for occasional travel/training activities
Work extended or flexible hours to meet project priorities
Limited vacation use during peak workload periods
Travel to and from different locations
Work in a dynamic, distracting, knowledge-sharing environment
PeopleSoft Test Lead QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of testing and product quality experience or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• 5+ years experience in managing and implementing large, complex testing strategies and processes at an enterprise level.
• 5+ years experience working with enterprise scale Human Resources, Payroll or Financial systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
• Ability to work independently and with limited direction to prioritize tasks and organize workflow under narrow time limitations, and appropriately communicate changes and progress.
• Superior collaboration and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management and staff.
• Ability to construct presentations and communications in a logical manner, sensitive to diverse audience's needs.
• Highly proficient with desktop tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project, and technical communication platforms and collaboration tools such as SharePoint or Jira.
• Demonstrated writing/editing/proofreading/content development skills, and the ability to gather and present information in an effective and consistent manner, with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
Quality Certification, such as CSTE, CSQA, CMST, CSQE preferred
Knowledge and understanding of university, campus, management principles, policies, philosophy, problems and subject matter.
Experience with PeopleSoft HCM implementations
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 9,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.