|Date Posted||August 12, 2017|
This Technical Lead position will be responsible for assisting client with the technical development, evaluation of existing customizations, planning and oversight of the reimplementation through go-live. The worker must have extensive knowledge of what is required to perform a PeopleSoft system re-engineering for a reimplementation. This position requires multi-tasking, exercising initiative and independent judgment to run the technical team.
The Technical Lead will report to the PM and direct the other EFOR Technical Analysts to ensure delivery throughout the project development lifecycle.
Duties for this position will include:
- Responsible for supporting the Functional and guiding the Technical Team, and DBAs and in gathering, analysis, design and implementation of Maximo and PeopleSoft;
- Responsible for evaluating the existing client customization inventory from a technical perspective to determine minimization or streamlining potential for any future customizations and for development of any new customizations, data conversions, and interfaces;
- Responsible for identification, documentation, mitigation and reporting of technical project risks to Project Manager and Project Team to determine the appropriate response strategy;
- Leads a Technical team of two (2) by assigning and monitoring tasks, prioritizing, and optimizing implementation efforts.
- Oversees and coordinates the Technical analysts in tasks and planning meetings between internal stakeholders, project resources, and EFOR team members to ensure overall completeness, accuracy and quality of the end product;
- Responsible for managing the technical teams project plan and schedule throughout the various phases of the project life cycle;
- Responsible for ensuring clear Technical Design Documents (TDD) and that the Functional Team understands the solution boundaries and risks;
- Works with the two technical analysts and Maximo resources to define and test any potential custom solutions, regarding RICEFW inventory of the PeopleSoft and Maximo;
- Assists the PM in building out the detailed project plan tasks and durations for the Technical Team and ensures the execution of those detailed plans once confirmed as project milestones by the PM;
- Possess PeopleSoft Version 9.2 expertise in the following modules, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Purchasing, Inventory, and Accounts Receivable and Billing.
- Technical reviewer of the custom development and quality assurance efforts for the project.
- Performance of an initial technical review of the Server and Chip set to ensure project space and performance needs are adequate to support PS and Maximo development;
- Responsible for ensuring consistent use of standardized processes and forms to manage project documentation, including but not limited to, Technical Design Documents, Change Controls, Risk Registers, Work Packages and other project documents as needed;
- Works with LCRA Enterprise Financial Operations Re-engineering (EFOR) project PM and LCRA IT team members (regarding as is state) to mitigate risks and resolve issues throughout implementation as needed;
- Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner while keeping project stakeholders informed;
- Provides various administrative services and reports necessary to control the project budget, schedule, scope and quality.
The worker should have extensive experience within PeopleSoft version 9.2 Functionality and Configuration Capability. The worker should have a history of success leading functional teams for PeopleSoft Implementations using project management best practices.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Experience as a PeopleSoft Technical Manager for multiple large PeopleSoft projects.
Experience in designing, creating, and overseeing large complex high availability PeopleSoft Financial Systems.
Experience managing ERP Development Lifecycles.
Experience with developing PeopleSoft upgrade paths (including Tools)
Experience developing customizations working closely with the Functional Team.
Experience with Microsoft Suite (Projects, Visio, Excel, Word, Power Point)
Experience in implementing and maintaining PeopleSoft applications App Engine and App Designer, BI Publisher, PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Packages, Component Interface, SQR, PS Query, Application Messaging, and XML using PeopleTools, PL/SQL,
Proven project team building skills
Experience writing and reviewing detailed Technical Design Documents (TDDs)
Ability to alter project direction based on PM or Executive Direction
PeopleSoft Technical/Development experience with a minimum of 36 months in 9.2 version
Experience teaming with customers and technical staff in a complex, large scale PeopleSoft and/or Maximo environment.
Experience with PeopleSoft version 9.2 and People Tools 8.53 and/or Maximo 7.5 or higher
Experience with PeopleSoft Integration tools (using PeopleTools 8.53 or higher) like Integration Broker in building real-time and batch interfaces with other PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft systems.
Experience trouble shooting and resolving Service Requests (SR) through Unit, System, Integration, and User Acceptance, test phases.
Communication, analytical and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization.
Experience supporting and developing Maximo and/or PeopleSoft 9.2 Modules G/L, A/P, AM, PO, eProcurement, AR, Billing, Inventory, Time and Labor.
Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
Experience with a Utility or Energy Based company a plus
Understanding of computer related tools, methods, platforms and operating systems.
Experience with all aspects of Documentation, Planning, Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Phases within Maximo Asset Maintenance Software
Fluid UI experience
Ability to set and meet technical team deadlines while maintaining an even disposition under pressure
Experience working through development of Interfaces with Technical Team through design, build and test
Good teamwork skills, ability to collaborate with other functional and technical staff on the project.
Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to collaborate effectively on diverse teams
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.