|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
Apex Systems has an opening for a PeopleSoft Project Costing Functional Lead working for a client of ours on-site in the Austin, TX area for a 16+ month contract. If you are interested, please email a copy of your most up to date resume to Brian McCann at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Position: PeopleSoft Project Costing Lead
Location: Austin, TX (On-site Mon-Fri)
Length: 16+ Months
- Responsible for executing the re-engineering of Project Costing while teaming with the other Functional Leads and the Technical Teams, to ensure the industry best practices and unique business processing needs of client within PeopleSoft are facilitated. PC Lead will be responsible for requirements gathering, design analysis, and implementation of 9.2 functionality within the Project Costing module;
- Responsible for creating the Functional Design Documentation and Interface mapping documentation for Project Costing.
- Responsible for the evaluation of existing customizations in 9.2 and the leveraging of PeopleSoft 9.2 improved functionality, including evaluation of different configurations and customizations for business process streamlining and automation;
- Responsible for all Project Costing Configuration, Design and Build, planning UAT, and coordinating resolution of defects.
- Responsible for identification, documentation, and reporting of project risks to Project Manager and Project Team to determine the appropriate response strategy;
- Leads the Project Costing design sessions by developing solutions to meet client business requirements, assessing Fit/GAPs, new functionality and making recommendations,
- Regularly collaborates with other module leads, monitoring tasks, prioritizing, and optimizing implementation efforts where needed to meet project milestones for Project Costing.
- Project Cost Lead will need to lead, facilitate and support the build of potential new integrations with the other module leads for the following, eProcurement, Asset Management, Inventory, Billing, Time and Labor, and Maximo.
- Leads the functional design sessions with subject matter experts (SME) and in meetings between other stakeholders, project resources, and senior managers to ensure overall completeness, accuracy and quality of the end product;
- Responsible for managing the Project Costing functional design delivery, executing the mock data conversion for all the clients’ project data, resolve defects for an acceptable quality level specified by the client
- Responsible for the development and documentation of all Project Costing test cycle scripts and scenarios, and the accurate execution reporting during System, Integration and User Acceptance within the test tool.
- Responsible for hand off of the Function Design Documents (FDD) and Interface Mapping details to ensure the Technical Team clearly understands the details for the build/retrofit; (PSQL coding ability is a plus)
- Responsible for iterating with the App Dev team on TDD design until complete, and sign-off on TDD from a functional perspective.
- Works with the technical team to trouble shoot and test any customizations to the solution, including data conversions, reports, interfaces and configuration enhancements of PeopleSoft FCM version 9.2;
- Possesses extensive PeopleSoft Version 9.2 expertise in the Project Costing module, with a clear understanding of any integrations with the other modules (GL, AP, AM, ePro, Inventory, and, Time and Labor) and how to best facilitate external integration points as needed.
- Leads the evaluation of PeopleSoft Project Costing customizations and configurations against best practices within a Utilities environment.
- Evaluates the current PeopleSoft 9.2 system to understand configurations and customizations then determine a Keep/Drop customization list and an improved future configuration state.
- Conducts Joint Application Design/Conference Room Pilot requirement sessions with management, staff and consultants, while assuring accurate and complete documentation is collected and retained as part of the project archive;
- Responsible for ensuring consistent use of standardized processes and forms to manage project documentation, including but not limited to, Functional Design Documents, Key Design Decisions, Change Controls, Risk Registers, Scope Documentation, Configuration Documentation, Business Process Flows and other project documents as needed;
- Works with the internal training resources and other functional module leads to create accurate training materials before they are presented;
- Responsible for design and creation of security including modifications to existing roles and responsibilities and the creation of new roles and user preferences needed for Project Costing.
- Responsible for ensuring Fit/Gap analysis is accurately documented in the Requirements Traceability Matrix by the Project Team;
- Responsible for working with the Technical Team to identify application performance test plans and test data scenarios, and support building scripts and addressing questions in execution of the performance test.
- Responsibility to support training and org impact activities including training plan, organizational impacts assessment, training content, and prepping training team for delivery.
- Responsibility to support deployment activities including cutover plans, and back-out plans.
- Works with client Enterprise Financial Operations Re-engineering (EFOR) project PM and Team Leads to mitigate risks and resolve issues throughout implementation as needed;
- Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner while keeping project stakeholders informed;
- Provides various administrative services and reports necessary to control the project budget, schedule, scope and quality.