|Date Posted||January 5, 2018|
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To compile, research, analyze and document data, requirements, workflow/ processes, functionality and or controls for respective ISD group. To develop and evaluate information, and prepare recommendations based on analysis for use in decision making. To support the respective ISD group’s functions, projects and activities. Provide feedback and suggestions to improve established policies, procedures, and/or methodologies.
The ISD PeopleSoft Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting the PeopleSoft HCM application with expertise in one or more of these modules: HR, Recruiting, Benefits, Time & Labor, Payroll, Profile Management or Performance Management. Identifies, scopes, documents, coordinates and implements business requirements for solutions that enhance business operations.
• To participate, coordinate and perform the functional tasks related to the development lifecycle of PeopleSoft projects including requirements definition, fit/gap analysis, process re-design and implementation, solution design, configuration, writing and executing test scripts, training and validation.
• To participate in production support by performing necessary analysis to troubleshoot system issues and ensure solutions meet user requirements.
• Collaborates with end users and technical resources to define requirements, design and build solutions.
• Responsible for supporting the maintenance of PeopleSoft HCM configuration to ensure proper setup to support business processes.
• Responsible for System Integration Testing (SIT) to ensure acceptable solutions which includes developing and executing test plans and scripts.
• Responsible for keeping current with PeopleSoft enhancements/improvements delivered by Oracle.
• Analyze information, requirements, data, work quality, work methods, processes, service specific practices, standards and metrics/statistics
• Interpret results of analysis; present recommendations, including alternatives and implications
• Collaborate with other business units to analyze and improve processing procedures and resolve problems
• Analyze changes in policies, procedures and products; determine the impact on the group functions
• Identify and analyze opportunities for new and/or improved processes, data, or technology; provide clear picture of possible outcomes
• Work with peers, business units and/or project teams, and vendors to ensure business needs are fully communicated, documented and satisfied
• Monitor and analyze key performance indicators, and establish processes and methodologies for preventative Advanced analysis
• Compile, review and prepare data to be used by analysts and management in the analysis of operations, services and products Complex difficult
• Conduct benchmarking, trend analysis and other input to drive continuous improvement and elevate service performance Moderate impact
• Analyze information to produce analytically-driven inferences and hypotheses to generate actionable recommendations Advanced analysis
• Solve business problems by defining the problem, interviewing stakeholders, identifying and evaluating alternatives, and presenting findings Moderately complex/varied
• Provide input into best practices for the respective area Participates in
• Ensure compliance with Navy Federal Credit Union ISD standards and best practices
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or other related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training or experience
• Advanced skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Significant experience in IT solution creation and delivery with increased business intelligence
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective skill communicating with all levels within an organization
• Experience working in cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
• Effective relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Exposure to leading, guiding & mentoring others
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced skill making effective presentations to groups of various sizes
• Advanced skill analyzing and organizing problems or work processes for technical solutions
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Experience in translating business requirements into technical solutions
• Desired - Knowledge of Navy Federal’s services, products and functions
• Desired - Experience working in an IT environment
• Desired - Knowledge of Navy Federal business processes and applications
• Demonstrated experience of responsibilities outlined above with PeopleSoft HCM
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills
• Proficiency with PeopleSoft Query and basic SQL
• Experience working with System Development Life Cycle methodologies
• Excellent communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability