|Location||San Ramon, California|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2018|
Robert Half is seeking a Software Engineer II - Peoplesoft who will analyze, design, program, debug, test, implement and modify software enhancements and/or new applications used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS or desktop applications products. Completes SDLC documentation, and procedures for all phases of software development lifecycle. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Supports launched applications in the production environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and/or modify individual modules or components of moderate scope and complexity in a larger system architecture.
- Development often spans multiple modules in scope.
- Analyze and resolve moderately complex production issues following department guidelines and troubleshooting practices.
- Level II support.
- Carry pager during off-hours to support critical production systems
- Design individual modules or components of moderate scope and complexity in larger system designs. Has moderate scope in design activities.
- Perform unit test planning and execution for own code.
- Contribute to test strategy for integration testing. May create automated unit tests.
- Bachelor’s degree, other technical training in business, or equivalent.
- 4+ year’s equivalent experience in a related field within a medium-to-large IT organization.
- 2+ years’ of professional experience in software analysis, development, engineering and support in a large corporate setting.
- 2+ years’ experience writing/modifying programs for a small to mid-size application.
- 2+ years’ experience administering and/or configuring an application .
- 2+ years’ relevant experience in Java platforms
- Experience in PeopleSoft technologies is a nice to have.
- Experience in API, Web Services, Integrations is a plus
- Experience with various full cycle software development methodologies, tools and practices.
- Good knowledge on software development lifecycle (SDLC) or Scrum.
- Good knowledge of n-tiered architecture.
- Good understand of DB concepts.
- Experience with XML interfaces and web services .
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of expertise.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to communicate business process to technical resources.
- Ability to create complex process flow diagrams or flowcharts that demonstrate business or system process flow.
- Ability to gather requirements effectively; document requirements and confirm observations with business owners.
- Ability to perform fit/gap analysis based on requirements.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!