|Date Posted||February 3, 2017|
Kelly IT is looking for a Peoplesoft Functional Manager for an opportunity in Riverside, CA!
The Senior Functional Manager will be reporting directly to the Executive Director of IT Shared Services. The incumbent will manage a team of Business Analysts that are directly responsible for the support of the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) system, while ensuring the functionality of the system meets the needs of the organization. This position will manage a host of HCM support responsibilities, which include but are not limited to the following: daily HCM production support, table and configuration maintenance, batch/interface support, security administration, testing activities, analysis and resolution of highly complex issues, documentation of functional requirements, and documentation of business process improvement efforts. In addition, this position will oversee the project management associated with major software updates, enhancements, and required regulatory or compliance releases.
40% FUNCTIONAL LEADERSHIP AND SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
• Sets the direction of the HCM support structure for the Center and supervises unit operations.
• Manages table and configuration maintenance within the PeopleSoft HCM System.
• Manages the development of test plans and execution of functional unit testing, systems integration testing, and user acceptance testing involving HCM team resources.
• Manages the development and maintenance of PeopleSoft HCM system and procedural documentation.
• Manages the administration of PeopleSoft application security and user profile provisioning and deprovisioning within the work unit.
• Provides support for escalated system issues and collaborates as required for resolution.
30% BUSINESS AND SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
• Manages the activities required to perform advanced business and systems analysis, documentation of functional requirements and system configurations.
• Manages use of data leveraging applicable tools (PS Query, SQL, etc.) to help determine root cause of issues and overall resolution.
• Manages implementation plan for issue resolution through coordination of activities with UCPC Business
Analysts, UCOP ITS Team, PCSSC at UC Berkeley, and Oracle support as required.
• Works with developers to design fixes for defects. Once fix is completed, coordinates functional unit testing, system integration testing, and facilitates user acceptance testing so as to validate the fix in production.
• Manages batch processing support for all required HCM jobs and coordinates the transfer of files with PCSSC
(UC Berkeley) and campus locations as appropriate.
• Uses in depth knowledge of HR and payroll business processes and rules to help communicate system needs and requirements. Consults with business owners and SME's to gather requirements, estimate functional efforts, and create functional design documents.
• Communicates with training team regarding training impact of all modifications. Participates in working sessions as needed to consult in development or revision of training materials.
• Assess new functionality from Oracle, or release of major programs by Office of the President Centers of
Expertise so as to advise the UCPath Center leadership on the use of the new functionality to improve business operations.
• Hires, develops, evaluates, manages and coaches staff in accordance with university policy, and provides for effective staff development opportunities in accordance with department requirements.
• Provides guidance to HCM staff in completing daily activities.
• Promotes collaboration and communication amongst the HCM support team to ensure customer needs are met.
• Oversees the workflow of the unit to ensure optimal efficiency and maintain high standards of service.
• Manages and assists team members in the resolution of highly complex and escalated issues and other areas with support of the HCM application.
• Recommends hiring of new employees, salary actions, terminations, and performance ratings.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with an emphasis in computer science, data processing, computer information systems, or in a related field.
• Minimum of four years of experience working with PeopleSoft HCM.
• Experience as a senior business analyst or staff supervisor.
• Possesses the following skills: Critical Thinking, Persuasion/Negotiation, Mentoring, Leadership/Management, Problem Solving, Quantitative, and Analytical Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures relating to management responsibilities.
• Must have the ability to effectively present ideas both orally and in a written form.
• Must have experience working directly with functional analysts, departmental managers, and end users preferably within a shared services environment.
Please visit the Kelly Career Network for more opportunities!
Kelly IT Services is a leading IT staffing firm, providing employers with the best candidates & job-seekers with IT career opportunities.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 9,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.