|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
Location: Houston, Texas
Category: Information Technology
Position at Tokio Marine HCC
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company's employees are industry-leading experts.
It is an exciting time of growth, change and innovation for TMHCC. As a HRIT Manager you will be responsible to fulfill stakeholder needs by leading the Human Capital Management (PeopleSoft HCM) IT team and for delivering the full systems development life cycle management of projects and programs at an enterprise level. You will be the primary point of contact from project/ program inception to delivery. This position will also be responsible for diverse duties to support multiple locations, including interacting with all levels of employees and management.
- Establish relationships with major stakeholders within Human Resources department
- Understand and assist ERP Director with executing the HRIT strategic roadmap
- Execute major and critical HRIT projects
- In collaboration with the ERP Director, establish global HCM IT architecture by integrating PeopleSoft HCM solutions across all functional lines
- Translate HCM needs into PeopleSoft solutions and recommend best practice architecture
- Establish best practice standards for governance, project management, and technology delivery to ensure high customer satisfaction
- As a liaison, champion, and overall entrepreneur for the HCM Peoplesoft Enterprise solution; train end users on business software capabilities
- Cultivate trust and establish partnership with HRIS to better deliver IT services to the employees
- As an experienced mentor, effectively support the HRIT team in all aspects of delivery cycle
- Support global HCM systems
- Within the first 45 days, familiarize yourself with TMHCC's policies and procedures as well as HR policies and procedures.
- An estimated 45% of the time will be spent on managing projects and people, 35% will be spent on technical tasks and the remaining 20% will be spent on maintenance and support work.
- The successful candidate ideally will have a minimum of six years of relevant and progressive experience in PeopleSoft HCM (preferably PS 9.2 HR, Payroll NA, Time & Labor, Absence Management and Benefits Administration)
- Minimum of three years of leadership experience.
- PeopleSoft Development experience (People Tools 8.50 or higher)
- Experience with Oracle 12 databases & Database tools: SQL Developer & Toad.
- Specific Technical Experience
- People Code
- App Designer
- App Engine/Classes
- PS Query
- Component Interfaces
- Data Mover
- Crystal Report Writer
- Integration Broker
- Optimization of work processes. Knows the most effective and efficient methods to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material strictly in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude
- Must be an exceptional communicator and able to make connections across the organization while working with employees and managers in multiple locations
- Ability to juggle multiple high priority projects at the same time
- Ability to respond to urgent issues and draw solutions acceptable to IT and HR business partners
- Must be a strong manager who leads by example, able to execute, delegate, inspire and plan effectively
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.