|Date Posted||October 5, 2018|
The Senior Application Analyst is responsible for advancing the functionality and operational efficiency of PeopleSoft HCM application. This entails analyzing and developing PeopleSoft HCM modules Benefits, Payroll, and HR). The primary focus of this position is to provide deep technical expertise in PeopleSoft HCM application development, maintenance and production support. The incumbent will be part of a team responsible for defining, developing, testing, analyzing and maintaining PeopleSoft HCM application and future modules. The Senior Application Analyst is charged with ensuring the services that he/she provides contribute to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the department. The Senior Application Analyst reports directly to the Manager, while also receiving leadership from the Lead Application Analyst. The Senior Application Analyst applies skills in line with Houston Methodist values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality services.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
1. Minimum of 7 years of relevant and progressive professional experience, of which minimum 5 years of experience with multiple PeopleSoft development tools including Application Engine, Integration Broker, PeopleCode, SQRs, Component Interface, Workflow and Process Scheduler
2. Experience with PeopleTools 8.5x and higher.
3. Experience with SQL, Oracle 11g, Toad, Integration Broker, XML Publisher.
4. Experience with leading large scale upgrades of PeopleSoft.
5. Expertise and experience with complex technical solutions.
6. Experience and solid understanding of software development lifecycle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
2. Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
3. Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
4. Demonstrates deep technical expertise in PeopleSoft HCM/FMS application development, maintenance and production support.
5. Ability to independently learn new modules of PeopleSoft.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
7. Proficient with MS Office Suite.
8. Excellent problem analysis and trouble-shooting skills.