|Date Posted||February 22, 2019|
Purpose of Position/Summary:
Incumbent works in an agency information technology division as a top level functional expert supporting use of PeopleSoft HCM/Payroll. Insures users conform to requirements, as well as supports periodic Oracle bundle implementation and testing, and ongoing maintenance for the Development, Quality Assurance and Production PeopleSoft HCM systems which provides services for 180 agencies. Reports to Deputy IT Director.
- Provide Lifecycle support of PeopleSoft HCM module (Time and Labor, Core HR, Benefits, Learning Management).
- Interacts with Management and Business Owners in understanding and resolving system/application related problems using analytical and problem solving skills.
- Testing of customized application changes and coordinates testing acceptance for all upgrades and customizations.
- Manage projects related to PeopleSoft HCM as required
- Assess impacts and best practices regarding issues and enhancement requests
- Work with technical GMIS Analyst to provide business analysis of system changes needed to conform to requirements
- Developing functional requirements for requested enhancements and system or process changes
- Creating test plans and writing/executing scripts related to user-requested system enhancements and projects. Insure coordination with varied stakeholders
- Coordinate user acceptance testing and work directly with end user SMEs to manage tasks associated with testing
- Actively engage end-users through all phases of the project life cycle, ensuring customer satisfaction through timely communication and consistent completion of deliverables within critical timelines
- Conduct business process re-engineering to identify opportunities for improvement, and making appropriate recommendations
- Support customer management to establish processes and define & track SLA’s
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to management and functional support staff.
- Preferred Technical skills: PeopleTools, SQR, Application Engine, Integration Broker, PS Query, vFire, MicroSoft Office tools
Difficulty of Work:
Requires expertise in the complex PeopleSoft Financials ERP system using the HCM module and other modules. Must have a thorough understanding of PeopleSoft delivered functionality, as well as, extensive knowledge of our policies and business processes. This individual must have expert knowledge of testing and training methodologies and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong analytical skills Experience in documenting and implementing process improvement. Excellent communication and organization skills with experience facilitating group discussions. Project management skills including consultation, collaboration, project planning, analysis and stakeholder reporting skills Ability to write functional & technical documentation. Ability to multi-task effectively on concurrent, simultaneous enhancement and production support projects
Manage the functional business lifecycle of the PeopleSoft HCM module. Fulfill requirements of the oversight agencies and support end users in all agencies. Control all aspects of HCM support and lifecycle within the GMIS team structure.
Personal Work Relationships:
Direct interaction with agency users, oversight agencies, GMIS team members, and other employees. Supports and trains end users. Manages or/and works with contractors. Consults with Oracle or other vendors related to PeopleSoft environment and training support
Sitting, standing, general lifting of no more than 25 lbs.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178