|Date Posted||August 12, 2017|
Apex Systems is seeking a functional team lead for a contract role in Austin, TX. This functional team lead position will be responsible for assisting the PM and client with the planning and oversight of the re-implementation through go-live. The worker must have extensive knowledge of what is required to perform a PeopleSoft system re-engineering for a re-implementation. This position requires multi-tasking, exercising initiative and independent judgment.
Duties for this position will include:
- Responsible for overseeing and leading the Functional Team on a day to day basis to execute the project plan.
- Evaluating existing customizations in 9.2 and the leveraging of PeopleSoft 9.2 improved functionality, including evaluation of different configurations and customizations for business process streamlining and automation;
- Responsible for identification, documentation, and reporting of project risks to Project Manager and Project Team to determine the appropriate response strategy;
- Leads a Functional team of six (6) by assigning and monitoring tasks, prioritizing, and optimizing implementation tasks.
- Oversees; coordinates the functional module leads in meetings between stakeholders, resources, senior managers and executives to ensure overall completeness, accuracy and quality of end product;
- Responsible for managing the functional teams project plan and schedule throughout the various phases of the project life cycle;
- Collaborating with the Technical Team, DBAs and Project stakeholders to determine the ideal system configuration to facilitate the business needs of both Finance and Operations;
- Responsible for ensuring the Functional Teams hand off of Function Design Documents (FDD) and Interface Maps to the Technical Team is clearly understood prior to Tech Design and Build;
- Collaborates with the technical and report resources to ensure a clean hand off of any functional requests requiring coding, conversion of data, reports, interface logic and or customizations for PeopleSoft and Maximo are delivered on schedule;
- Responsible for any modifications to security for Inventory and Asset Management including changes to user preference settings, separation of duties and the accessibility matrix.
- Possesses PeopleSoft Version 9.2 expertise and the ability to trouble shoot when directed for the following modules, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Purchasing/eProcurement, Project Costing Inventory, Accounts Receivable and Billing.
- Responsible for overseeing the build out and final delivery of security by the functional module leads for any of the new modules and or changes to the existing modules in advance of User Acceptance Testing.
- Supports the evaluation of existing PeopleSoft 9.2 and Maximo 7.6 customizations and configuration against best practices for Utilities and Optimal system configurations to determine a Keep/Drop customization list and an ideal future operating system configuration and improved automation.
- Oversees and supports stable and productive Application Design/Conference Room Pilot sessions, while assuring that accurate and complete documentation is collected and retained as part of the project archive;
- Responsible for ensuring Module Leads consistently use standardized processes and forms to manage project documentation, including but not limited to, Functional Design Documents, Key Design Decisions, Change Controls, Risk Registers, Scope Documentation, Work Packages, Business Process Flows and other project documents as needed;
- Works with the training group and module leads to ensure accurate design of training materials before they are presented;
- Responsible for ensuring Fit/Gap analysis is accurately documented in the Requirements Traceability Matrix by the Project Team;
- Responsible for tracking, and reporting the execution progress of all Test Phases (Unit, System, Integrations, User Acceptance) to the Project Manager. Also responsible for assisting PM in barrier removal for the Functional Leads when needed.
- Assists the PM in building out the detailed project plan tasks and durations for the Functional Team and ensures the execution of those detailed plans according to the project milestones;
- Works with client Enterprise Financial Operations Re-engineering (EFOR) PM and team members to identify and mitigate risks proactively and resolve issues as they occur throughout implementation as needed;
- Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner while keeping project stakeholders informed;
- Provides various administrative services and reports necessary to control the project budget, schedule, scope and quality.
The worker should have extensive experience within PeopleSoft Baseline version 9.2 Functionality and Configuration Capability. The worker should have a history of success leading functional teams for PeopleSoft Implementations using project management best practices.